FYI

  • Steven Shepard
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18, 2001
      Here is the language from SB7, which is also found verbatim in the Public
      Utilities Regulatory Act:

      Sec. 39.904. GOAL FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY. (a) It is the intent of the
      legislature that by January 1, 2009, an additional 2,000 megawatts of
      generating capacity from renewable energy technologies will have been
      installed in this state. The cumulative installed renewable capacity in
      this state shall total 1,280 megawatts by January 1, 2003, 1,730 megawatts
      by January 1, 2005, 2,280 megawatts by January 1, 2007, and 2,880 megawatts
      by January 1, 2009.
      ----------------------------

      The mandate is fulfilled by retail providers thru generation or purchase of
      Renewable Energy Credits equivalent to prorated Megawattage (roughly 0.5% of
      a retailer's mix in 2002, and 2.5% of a retailer's mix in 2009) for each
      retailer based on their sales.

      SB 7 requires that 2,000 additional megawatts of renewable
      generatingcapacity be installed in Texas by 2009. This language is in
      Section 39 ofthe bill which adds several chapters to the Utility Code. It
      adds Chapter39, which contains Subchapter Z which is titled Miscellaneous
      Provisions,and adds Sec. 39.904, Goal for Renewable Energy.As required by SB
      7, the PUC adopted rules that went into effect December1999. These rules
      encourage the construction and operation of renewableenergy projects in
      Texas, reduce air pollution from fossil fuel generation,respond to Texans'
      willingness to pay more for clean energy, and achievethese goals at a modest
      cost to Texans. The rules require REPs to generaterenewable energy or
      purchase renewable energy credits to meet therequirement. You can read the
      rule athttp://www.puc.state.tx.us/rules/rulemake/22200/22200.cfm. Click
      on"Substantive Rule 25.173: Goal for Renewable Energy" at the bottom of
      thepage to read the rule.The language reads from SB 7 reads:22 Sec. 39.904.
      GOAL FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY. (a) It is the intent of the legislature that by
      January 1, 2009, anadditional 2,000 megawatts of generating capacity from
      renewable energytechnologies will have been installed in this state. The
      cumulativeinstalled renewable capacity in this state shall total 1,280
      megawatts byJanuary 1, 2003, 1,730 megawatts by January 1, 2005, 2,280
      megawatts byJanuary 1, 2007, and 2,880 megawatts by January 1, 2009. (b) The
      commission shall establish a renewable energy credits tradingprogram. Any
      retail electric provider, municipally owned utility, orelectric cooperative
      that does not satisfy the requirements of Subsection(a) by directly owning
      or purchasing capacity using renewable energytechnologies shall purchase
      sufficient renewable energy credits to satisfythe requirements by holding
      renewable energy credits in lieu of capacityfrom renewable energy
      technologies.(c) Not later than January 1, 2000, the commission shall adopt
      rulesnecessary to administer and enforce this section. At a minimum, the
      rulesshall: (1) establish the minimum annual renewable energy requirement
      foreach retail electric provider, municipally owned utility, and
      electriccooperative operating in this state in a manner reasonably
      calculated by thecommission to produce, on a statewide basis, compliance
      with the requirementprescribed by Subsection (a); and (2) specify reasonable
      performancestandards that all renewable capacity additions must meet to
      count againstthe requirement prescribed by Subsection (a) and that: (A) are
      designed andoperated so as to maximize the energy output from the capacity
      additions inaccordance with then-current industry standards; and (B)
      encourage thedevelopment, construction, and operation of new renewable
      energy projects atthose sites in this state that have the greatest economic
      potential forcapture and development of this state's environmentally
      beneficial renewableresources. (d) In this section, "renewable energy
      technology" means any technology thatexclusively relies on an energy source
      that is naturally regenerated over ashort time and derived directly from the
      sun, indirectly from the sun, orfrom moving water or other natural movements
      and mechanisms of theenvironment. Renewable energy technologies include
      those that rely on energyderived directly from the sun, on wind, geothermal,
      hydroelectric, wave, ortidal energy, or on biomass or biomass-based waste
      products, includinglandfill gas. A renewable energy technology does not rely
      on energyresources derived from fossil fuels, waste products from fossil
      fuels, orwaste products from inorganic sources.(e) A municipally owned
      utility operating a gas distribution system maycredit toward satisfaction of
      the requirements of this section anyproduction or acquisition of landfill
      gas supplied to the gas distributionsystem, based on conversion to kilowatt
      hours of the thermal energy contentin British thermal units of the renewable
      source and using for theconversion factor the annual heat rate of the most
      efficient gas-fired unitof the combined utility's electric system as
      measured in British thermalunits per kilowatt hour and using the British
      thermal unit measurement basedon the higher heating value measurement.(f) A
      municipally owned utility operating a gas distribution system maycredit
      toward satisfaction of the requirements of this section anyproduction or
      acquisition of landfill gas supplied to the gas distributionsystem, based on
      conversion to kilowatt hours of the thermal energy contentin British thermal
      units of the renewable source and using for theconversion factor the
      systemwide average heat rate of the gas-fired units ofthe combined utility's
      electric system as measured in British thermal unitsper kilowatt hour.
      SBT Designs
      25840 IH-10 West #1
      Boerne, Texas 78006
      210-698-7109
      FAX: 210-698-7147
      www.sbtdesigns.com

    • RON DAVIS
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 13, 2002
        I just want to interject something else to the Hydrogen based transportation conversation.  I have been involved in a home based business with Big Planet for the last few months.  My mission here is not to recruit, but to inform.  Big Planet is teamed with Chaz Haba of Planet Electric and Lee Iacocca.  Soon you will see electric transportation vehicles and products that will change our world.

        First, a little about the man responsible for my excitement. Chaz Haba is a 66 year old inventor, born in Fort Worth.  He was one of the first founders of Intel's semiconductor Technology division.  He also was instrumental in the start-up of Apple Computer with current CEO Steve Jobs.  Chaz is a scientist, an Engineer, and an Entrepreneur by every definition of the word.  He is the man behind this patented Solid Polymer technology.

        Chaz has already incorporated this technology into a device he calls an Energy Storage Device (ESD) for cell phones.  The ESD has a lithium ion battery that can be charged by electricity or sunlight and it never dies.  The ESD loves to be charged, you can't degrade its performance by overcharging it.  These are available today for Nokia 51XX , 61XX, & 71XX series phones.  Eventually they will be available for all brands and models of cell phones. Think there's a market for cell phone batteries that never die?

        Let's take his technology a little further.  He has taken Lee Iacocca's e-bike and gutted the electrical power system. Why?  Iacocca's system weighed 16 pounds, his is only 3 pounds.  Iacocca's system was pedal assist. Planet power is ready to go with a touch of the throttle.  With Planet Electric's system the e-bike can go twice as fast and twice as far than Iacocca's design.  You can understand why Lee Iacocca recently announced he has decided to partner with us on this technology.

        Planet Electric has developed scooters, go carts, atv's, with this patented technology which are available today.  The G4 Golf Car tells where Chaz is headed and why Lee has decided to get involved.  This golf car can hit a speed in excess of 45 mph.  Since golf courses frown upon that speed, there is a governor to regulate this.  The G4 ships based on the speed specifications of the golf course.

        Let's look ahead to what his vision is for this technology.  He is in development of a home module the size of a pizza pan that is so efficient every other day you'll be able to sell the energy back to the utility companies.  Utility companies won't like that.  In addition to that, Chaz intends to continue his efforts with all electric vehicles. His concept car tests are very revealing of what this technology is capable of.he was able to run this vehicle over 200 miles on a single charge at a speed of over 100 mph. We're not talking about a trunk full of batteries to get this distance and speed.  Ford & GM, and anyone else has a large area reserved for battery
        storage.  With Chaz's technology, it's a single unit, that emits no heat.  He is doing away with the combustion engine altogether!  No longer any Gas or Oil either!  Think that will turn Detroit & Japan upside down? GM offered Chaz $1B for his technology.  He refused since he knew they would bury it.

        Chaz is a visionary who will change the world for the better with this technology.  He has 114 patents in place to protect his technology and he's working exclusively through NSE (Big Planet) to market his products.  His strategy is simple...get the consumer familiar with Planet Electric's technology by exposing them to the cell phone battery, e-bike, G4 golf car, etc to build consumer confidence.  So as the next product launches, the consumer confidence is high due to the technology exposure  He also wants feedback from the consumer.  Literally the consumer will determine what projects he will develop & release to market next. Our strategy with NSE is simple as well, share the technology.  Who's not going to be interested in a cell phone battery that never dies?? We are partnered with a man who many consider to be "The Thomas Edison of the 21st century".

        You can hear a 10 minute recorded message from Chaz by dialing 512-703-6701 available 24/7.

        If anyone wants any additional information please contact me at rdavis2441@... or call toll free at 1-800-468-5133.  Many of these products will be shown at Home Based Business Expos in Dallas, Oklahoma City, Arlington, Austin, Fort Worth, and Houston.  Contact me for respective dates.

        Ron Davis
      • Steven Shepard
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2002
          FYI, The TNRCC just published a list of Texas Recycled Members which is a
          list of companies in Texas who offer recycled products for sale.  Contained
          in this eleven page list is a host of Texas companies who offer used and
          recycled building products.

          Most of these companies and vendors are in Austin, Dallas and Houston.  I
          think there may be two companies in San Antonio (none in Boerne) which appears
          to be the ecological and economic black hole of Texas.

          If anyone is interested you can obtain a copy of this document free from the
          TNRCC.  If you want a copy of mine I'll have to charge a fee for postage.
          SBT Designs
          25840 IH-10 West #1
          Boerne, Texas 78006
          210-698-7109
          FAX: 210-698-7147
          www.sbtdesigns.com
        • Kim & Garth Travis
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2002
            Thanks, How does one contact the TNRCC?
            Kim

            Steven Shepard wrote:

            > FYI, The TNRCC just published a list of Texas Recycled Members which is a
            > list of companies in Texas who offer recycled products for sale. Contained
            > in this eleven page list is a host of Texas companies who offer used and
            > recycled building products.
            >
            > Most of these companies and vendors are in Austin, Dallas and Houston. I
            > think there may be two companies in San Antonio (none in Boerne) which
            > appears
            >
            > to be the ecological and economic black hole of Texas.
            >
            > If anyone is interested you can obtain a copy of this document free from the
            > TNRCC. If you want a copy of mine I'll have to charge a fee for postage.
            >
            > SBT Designs
            > 25840 IH-10 West #1
            > Boerne, Texas 78006
            > 210-698-7109
            > FAX: 210-698-7147
            > www.sbtdesigns.com <http://www.sbtdesigns.com>
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            > <http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/an/anchor/shopping/gloss/gst_ncs_beauty_winterblues.gif>
            > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=153641.1824646.3335993.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705064177:HM/A=919357/R=0/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?gloss2+shopping:dmad/M=153641.1824646.3335993.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705064177:HM/A=919357/R=1/1012492478+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.gloss.com/rmi-framed-url/http://www.gloss.com/module/Stila/templates/whatsnew/whatsnew_detail.jhtml%3FitemId=22100038%26mktAdTrack=22800125>

          • Steven Shepard
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2002
              Try www.TexasRecycled.org.

              SBT Designs
              25840 IH-10 West #1
              Boerne, Texas 78006
              210-698-7109
              FAX: 210-698-7147
              www.sbtdesigns.com

              > > FYI, The TNRCC just published a list of Texas Recycled Members which is
              > > list of companies in Texas who offer recycled products for sale.
              Contained
              > > in this eleven page list is a host of Texas companies who offer used and
              > > recycled building products.
              > >
              > > Most of these companies and vendors are in Austin, Dallas and Houston.
              > > think there may be two companies in San Antonio (none in Boerne) which
              > > appears
              > >
              > > to be the ecological and economic black hole of Texas.
              > >
              > > If anyone is interested you can obtain a copy of this document free from
              the
              > > TNRCC. If you want a copy of mine I'll have to charge a fee for
              postage.

              > > SBT Designs
              > > 25840 IH-10 West #1
              > > Boerne, Texas 78006
              > > 210-698-7109
              > > FAX: 210-698-7147
              > > www.sbtdesigns.com <http://www.sbtdesigns.com>
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/an/anchor/shopping/gloss/gst_ncs_beauty
              _winterblues.gif>

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=153641.1824646.3335993.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050641
              77:HM/A=919357/R=0/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?gloss2+shoppin
              g:dmad/M=153641.1824646.3335993.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705064177:HM/A=919357
              /R=1/1012492478+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.gloss.com/rmi-framed-
              url/http://www.gloss.com/module/Stila/templates/whatsnew/whatsnew_detail.jht
              ml%3FitemId=22100038%26mktAdTrack=22800125>

            • SHERWIN RODEN
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 2002
                PLEASE STOP EMAIL HARRASMENT

                W.C. Management
                Sherwin Roden
                402 W. 16th St.
                Houston, Tx 77008
                ph: 713-863-1990 fax: 713-863-1991 cell: 832-725-1088