[hreg] Earth Day

  • ChasMauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 90 , Feb 17, 2000
      Hello everyone,
      I just had a call from KRBE asking if we intend to participate in Earth Day
      this year and if so we need to get our application in immediately. I said I
      would get back to him tomorrow.
      I have the entry form that they sent me about 2 months ago. It asks for a
      contact person, name of organization, phone number, address, description of
      activity that will take place in our booth, and number of volunteers that
      will be manning the booth (6 maximum).
      Since it seems to be very difficult to reach decisions (I believe I first
      raised this question quite some time ago) and it is even harder to get
      anything done by email, here is what I propose to do.
      I will send in the form tomorrow listing myself as contact person. Kathryn
      says we can use the TXSES name, since we are a chapter, and if we win again
      she can deposit the check and add it to our account with them. I will
      describe our activity as demonstration of solar and possibly other renewable
      energy devices or some such thing, and that we will have six volunteers
      working in the booth. There is no mention of any entry fees and I don't
      recall paying any last year.
      If anyone has a problem with this please let me know ASAP, but not later than
      noon tomorrow. Sorry about the short notice. I thought we had until March 1st
      but they are suddenly anxious to get it done right away.
      Charlie Mauch
    • JOHN GARDNER
      Message 90 of 90 , Jan 20, 2006
        I have accepted to be at the Woodlands event on April 8.
        John Gardner

        Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:
        Looking ahead to Earth Day, I’d like to get an idea how many of you will be willing to help staff an HREG booth at one event or other.  I’m sure we will have many opportunities and I don’t want to accept more than we can handle.  Please let me know if you would like to staff the specific request below or if you would like to sign up tentatively to staff another Earth Day event.  Most will be on Saturdays in April.  Please e-mail me at mewert@....  Thank you.