[hreg] Re: HREG Mission Statement

  • Kathryn Houser
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2000
      Please know that the TXSES name is really yours to use at any time,
      since you are an officially recognized chapter. And since you will
      undoubtedly win the prize again this year, you can get the check in the
      TXSES name also because I can simply deposit it into your account for
      you. Do you need any entry fees or moneys for supplies? Let me know in
      time to account for mailing.
      Kathryn

      ChasMauch@... wrote:

      > Hello Mike and HREG persons,
      > Sorry I missed the recent meeting. Have a couple of things that we need to
      > address:
      > 1. Did we decide on a name and mission statement? If so we need to talk to
      > Alison at the CEC to see about joining if that is what we want to do. It is
      > too late to get in this year's directory and the next one won't come out
      > until (I think) October so that is not critical. But we do need to decide
      > about Earth Day.
      > 2. If we plan to enter the Enron Earth Day (a real oxymoron) again this year
      > we need to get our application in by March 1st. I have the application form
      > that they sent me but am not sure what name to use. Had a real problem
      > cashing the prize money check last time because the name was wrong, we didn't
      > have an account in that name, etc. It would be easiest if we could use the
      > TxSES name but not sure that would work if that is not in fact our name.
      > We need to make some decisions here pretty soon. Any comments?
      > Charlie Mauch

      > Earn extra money at calypso.com by creating your own web store. For a
      > limited time, join calypso.com and receive a FREE calypso whistle.
      > Also learn how you can win up to $25! Click to

      > -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=hreg&m=1
    • Michael Ewert
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2000
        Since there were no objections, we now have an official Mission
        Statement.

        Mission Statement:
        The purpose of HREG shall be to further the development of renewable
        energy
        and related arts, sciences and technologies with concern for the
        ecological,
        social, and economic fabric of our community and state. This shall be
        accomplished through exchange of ideas and information by means of
        meetings,
        publications and public displays. HREG shall serve to inform the
        public,
        institutional and governmental bodies and seek to raise the level of
        public
        and government awareness of its purpose.

        Houston Renewable Energy Group (HREG)

        Statement of Organization

        ARTICLE I – NAME

        The name of this organization shall be Houston Renewable Energy Group
        (HREG) - a chapter of the Texas Solar Energy Society (TXSES). The
        geographical boundaries of this organization shall be the city
        of Houston and its suburbs.

        ARTICLE II – PURPOSE

        The purpose of HREG shall be to further the development of renewable
        energy
        and related arts, sciences and technologies with concern for the
        ecological,
        social, and economic fabric of our community and state. This shall be
        accomplished through exchange of ideas and information by means of
        meetings,
        publications and public displays. HREG shall serve to inform the
        public,
        institutional and governmental bodies and seek to raise the level of
        public
        and government awareness of its purpose.

        ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP

        "Membership" shall be open to any person who shares the aims of HREG as
        set
        forth under Article II. The primary means of communication for the
        group is
        through the HREG eGroup, but those without access to e-mail are also
        welcome
        to participate. See www.egroups.com/list/hreg for more information or
        join.

        HREG is NOT a CHARTERED organization in and of itself. It has no dues.
        HREG is a recognized local "chapter" of the Texas Solar Energy Society
        (TXSES), which IS a chartered non-profit organization. HREG members are
        encouraged, but not required, to join TXSES. Local leaders are elected
        as
        required.

        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/hreg/?start=119