[hreg] Re: HREG Mission Statement

  • ChasMauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2000
      Hello Mike and HREG persons,
      Sorry I missed the recent meeting. Have a couple of things that we need to
      address:
      1. Did we decide on a name and mission statement? If so we need to talk to
      Alison at the CEC to see about joining if that is what we want to do. It is
      too late to get in this year's directory and the next one won't come out
      until (I think) October so that is not critical. But we do need to decide
      about Earth Day.
      2. If we plan to enter the Enron Earth Day (a real oxymoron) again this year
      we need to get our application in by March 1st. I have the application form
      that they sent me but am not sure what name to use. Had a real problem
      cashing the prize money check last time because the name was wrong, we didn't
      have an account in that name, etc. It would be easiest if we could use the
      TxSES name but not sure that would work if that is not in fact our name.
      We need to make some decisions here pretty soon. Any comments?
      Charlie Mauch
    • Kathryn Houser
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16, 2000
        Please know that the TXSES name is really yours to use at any time,
        since you are an officially recognized chapter. And since you will
        undoubtedly win the prize again this year, you can get the check in the
        TXSES name also because I can simply deposit it into your account for
        you. Do you need any entry fees or moneys for supplies? Let me know in
        time to account for mailing.
        Kathryn

        ChasMauch@... wrote:

        > Hello Mike and HREG persons,
        > Sorry I missed the recent meeting. Have a couple of things that we need to
        > address:
        > 1. Did we decide on a name and mission statement? If so we need to talk to
        > Alison at the CEC to see about joining if that is what we want to do. It is
        > too late to get in this year's directory and the next one won't come out
        > until (I think) October so that is not critical. But we do need to decide
        > about Earth Day.
        > 2. If we plan to enter the Enron Earth Day (a real oxymoron) again this year
        > we need to get our application in by March 1st. I have the application form
        > that they sent me but am not sure what name to use. Had a real problem
        > cashing the prize money check last time because the name was wrong, we didn't
        > have an account in that name, etc. It would be easiest if we could use the
        > TxSES name but not sure that would work if that is not in fact our name.
        > We need to make some decisions here pretty soon. Any comments?
        > Charlie Mauch

        > Earn extra money at calypso.com by creating your own web store. For a
        > limited time, join calypso.com and receive a FREE calypso whistle.
        > Also learn how you can win up to $25! Click to

        > -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=hreg&m=1
      • Michael Ewert
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2000
          Since there were no objections, we now have an official Mission
          Statement.

          Mission Statement:
          The purpose of HREG shall be to further the development of renewable
          energy
          and related arts, sciences and technologies with concern for the
          ecological,
          social, and economic fabric of our community and state. This shall be
          accomplished through exchange of ideas and information by means of
          meetings,
          publications and public displays. HREG shall serve to inform the
          public,
          institutional and governmental bodies and seek to raise the level of
          public
          and government awareness of its purpose.

          Houston Renewable Energy Group (HREG)

          Statement of Organization

          ARTICLE I – NAME

          The name of this organization shall be Houston Renewable Energy Group
          (HREG) - a chapter of the Texas Solar Energy Society (TXSES). The
          geographical boundaries of this organization shall be the city
          of Houston and its suburbs.

          ARTICLE II – PURPOSE

          The purpose of HREG shall be to further the development of renewable
          energy
          and related arts, sciences and technologies with concern for the
          ecological,
          social, and economic fabric of our community and state. This shall be
          accomplished through exchange of ideas and information by means of
          meetings,
          publications and public displays. HREG shall serve to inform the
          public,
          institutional and governmental bodies and seek to raise the level of
          public
          and government awareness of its purpose.

          ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP

          "Membership" shall be open to any person who shares the aims of HREG as
          set
          forth under Article II. The primary means of communication for the
          group is
          through the HREG eGroup, but those without access to e-mail are also
          welcome
          to participate. See www.egroups.com/list/hreg for more information or
          join.

          HREG is NOT a CHARTERED organization in and of itself. It has no dues.
          HREG is a recognized local "chapter" of the Texas Solar Energy Society
          (TXSES), which IS a chartered non-profit organization. HREG members are
          encouraged, but not required, to join TXSES. Local leaders are elected
          as
          required.

          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/hreg/?start=119