[hreg] HREG Mission Statement

  • Ewert, Mike
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 9, 2000
      We had a good meeting on Sunday. For those of you who couldn't attend, I
      will try to send out some minutes soon. For now, please take a look at
      this. At the meeting we talked about a mission statement that can go on our
      web page. I think it can be the "Purpose" from the "Statement of
      Organization" we worked on at the December meeting.

      We'll give one week for comments or discussion of this "Statement of
      Organization", then if there are none, we will consider it adopted.

      DRAFT

      Houston Renewable Energy Group (HREG)

      Statement of Organization

      ARTICLE I – NAME

      The name of this organization shall be Houston Renewable Energy Group
      (HREG). The geographical boundaries of this organization shall be the city
      of Houston and its suburbs.

      ARTICLE II – PURPOSE

      The purpose of HREG shall be to further the development of renewable energy
      and related arts, sciences and technologies with concern for the ecological,
      social, and economic fabric of our community and state. This shall be
      accomplished through exchange of ideas and information by means of meetings,
      publications and public displays. HREG shall serve to inform the public,
      institutional and governmental bodies and seek to raise the level of public
      and government awareness of its purpose.

      ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP

      “Membership” shall be open to any person who shares the aims of HREG as set
      forth under Article II. The primary means of communication for the group is
      through the HREG eGroup, but those without access to e-mail are also welcome
      to participate. See www.egroups.com/list/hreg for more information or to
      join.

      HREG is NOT a CHARTERED organization in and of itself. It has no dues.
      HREG is a recognized local “chapter” of the Texas Solar Energy Society
      (TXSES), which IS a chartered non-profit organization. HREG members are
      encouraged, but not required, to join TXSES. Local leaders are elected as
      required.
    • OLafleur@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 10, 2000
        This looks good to me. Good work Mike!

        Oral
      • ChasMauch@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 16, 2000
          Hello Mike and HREG persons,
          Sorry I missed the recent meeting. Have a couple of things that we need to
          address:
          1. Did we decide on a name and mission statement? If so we need to talk to
          Alison at the CEC to see about joining if that is what we want to do. It is
          too late to get in this year's directory and the next one won't come out
          until (I think) October so that is not critical. But we do need to decide
          about Earth Day.
          2. If we plan to enter the Enron Earth Day (a real oxymoron) again this year
          we need to get our application in by March 1st. I have the application form
          that they sent me but am not sure what name to use. Had a real problem
          cashing the prize money check last time because the name was wrong, we didn't
          have an account in that name, etc. It would be easiest if we could use the
          TxSES name but not sure that would work if that is not in fact our name.
          We need to make some decisions here pretty soon. Any comments?
          Charlie Mauch
        • Kathryn Houser
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 16, 2000
            Please know that the TXSES name is really yours to use at any time,
            since you are an officially recognized chapter. And since you will
            undoubtedly win the prize again this year, you can get the check in the
            TXSES name also because I can simply deposit it into your account for
            you. Do you need any entry fees or moneys for supplies? Let me know in
            time to account for mailing.
            Kathryn

            ChasMauch@... wrote:

            > Hello Mike and HREG persons,
            > Sorry I missed the recent meeting. Have a couple of things that we need to
            > address:
            > 1. Did we decide on a name and mission statement? If so we need to talk to
            > Alison at the CEC to see about joining if that is what we want to do. It is
            > too late to get in this year's directory and the next one won't come out
            > until (I think) October so that is not critical. But we do need to decide
            > about Earth Day.
            > 2. If we plan to enter the Enron Earth Day (a real oxymoron) again this year
            > we need to get our application in by March 1st. I have the application form
            > that they sent me but am not sure what name to use. Had a real problem
            > cashing the prize money check last time because the name was wrong, we didn't
            > have an account in that name, etc. It would be easiest if we could use the
            > TxSES name but not sure that would work if that is not in fact our name.
            > We need to make some decisions here pretty soon. Any comments?
            > Charlie Mauch

            > Earn extra money at calypso.com by creating your own web store. For a
            > limited time, join calypso.com and receive a FREE calypso whistle.
            > Also learn how you can win up to $25! Click to

            > -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=hreg&m=1
          • Michael Ewert
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 17, 2000
              Since there were no objections, we now have an official Mission
              Statement.

              Mission Statement:
              The purpose of HREG shall be to further the development of renewable
              energy
              and related arts, sciences and technologies with concern for the
              ecological,
              social, and economic fabric of our community and state. This shall be
              accomplished through exchange of ideas and information by means of
              meetings,
              publications and public displays. HREG shall serve to inform the
              public,
              institutional and governmental bodies and seek to raise the level of
              public
              and government awareness of its purpose.

              Houston Renewable Energy Group (HREG)

              Statement of Organization

              ARTICLE I – NAME

              The name of this organization shall be Houston Renewable Energy Group
              (HREG) - a chapter of the Texas Solar Energy Society (TXSES). The

              original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/hreg/?start=119