URGENT, REQUEST PBS TO AIR "KILLING COYOTE", NOW !

  • Enviro Alert
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2001
      URGENT, REQUEST YOUR LOCAL PBS STATIONS
      TO AIR "KILLING COYOTE" , ROYALTY-FREE .

      AIRING DATE : SEPTEMBER 5 , 2001

      Dear Caring friend,

      It is estimated that 400,000 coyotes are trapped, shot and poisoned
      in America every year. Many are killed using your TAX dollars.
      Many more are killed for FUN, CASH AND PRIZES !!!
      KILL, KILL, KILL !!!
      The United States Government and the very cruel Hunters, Livestock
      Ranchers trash them and want to exterminate all of the Coyotes--who
      are as innocent and sentient as you and I, who mate for life , who
      care for their youngs better than many human animals.......
      But some extreme selfish folks just don't give them the space to live !
      EVERYTHING seems to be only for human animals these days !

      "Killing Coyote examines in depth the undeclared war on coyotes
      throughout the western mountain states of the U.S.
      Filmmaker Doug Hawes-Davis has combined startling visual images
      with varied and thorough interviews to reveal this failed and wasteful
      attempt to suppress coyote populations."--the Wild Rockies Networker

      NOTE: "Killing Coyote," a one-hour documentary about the war on
      coyotes in the West, is being offered Royalty-Free to all PBS stations
      nationwide via satellite on September 5, 2001. Full reviews,
      screening history, an edited trailer, and other information
      on the film are available online at:

      http://www.highplainsfilms.org/fp_killcoyote.html

      PLEASE CONTACT: (if you live in the United States.)

      Your local PBS Stations:

      1. Go to: http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/index.html
      and enter your ZIP CODE .

      2. Click on your local station, and it will give you station info and
      email contact information. Contact them now. CALL/EMAIL.

      Please CALL them if you can to let them know ALL of your
      friends will be watching this important show ! PBS love to
      hear this and more willing to air it.

      3: PLEASE , PLEASE find more Zip Codes in your City, State and
      repeat the step 1 and 2 to make more requests to all of the local
      PBS stations in your City.
      Please also pass this email to your members, friends and ask them
      also to contact PBS to make a request to air the show.

      If each Station gets more requests from different individuals,
      the more they are willing to air the show.
      Please click here to find more ZIP CODES in your City, State:

      http://www.usps.gov/ncsc/lookups/lookup_ctystzip.html

      (simply enter: City name, State name, then click "process" or Enter key.)

      SAMPLE LETTER:

      (Please your may change a little bit of this sample letter so that
      it looks like your own letter. But don't forget your purpose. thanks. )

      SUBJECT: PLEASE AIR "KILLING COYOTE ". THANKS.

      Dear PBS Program Director:

      I am writing to request that you air "Killing Coyote," a one-hour
      documentary about the war on coyotes in the West. I understand that this
      program is being offered Royalty-Free to all PBS stations nationwide
      via satellite on September 5, 2001.

      Winner of the John Michaels Award at the Big Muddy Film Festival, the
      film takes the viewer into the world of Animal Damage Control agents,
      coyote contest hunters, ranchers, wildlife biologists, and animal
      advocates.

      Following is the information that you will need to download the program:
      "Killing Coyote" (1 x 56:46) is offered through C.P.M. on Wednesday,
      September 5, 2001 @ 1330-1430ET on Transponder (512)

      Thank you very much for your kindness, time and consideration.
      I hope that you will choose to air this very urgent, important ,
      educational documentary show to numerous of local caring public.

      Sincerely Yours,
      Your Name(s),
      Address,
      City, State,
      Your Email Address.
      Your phone number.
      =======================================

      Above Reference source : The Fund For Animals , 8/21/01
      FeralPlace@... (aol.com)
      yak@... (@...)
      or call (406) 543-6726
      ======================================

      THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR KINDNESS, COMPASSION
      AND URGENT HELP FOR COYOTE PLIGHT.
    • Mike Ewert
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2001
        While HREG does have many caring and environmentally conscious members, we
        do need to stay focused on the topic of Renewable Energy here. Anyone who
        repeatedly posts too far off this topic will be banned. Thank you for your
        cooperation.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2001
          Thank You!

[...]

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • dans1
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2001
            Who cares about a bunch of howling Coyotes anyway. They were almost killed
            off to extinsion and then they brought them back , that now there are way
            too many of them for the habitat. All they are doing is culling them out,
            just like they would do for over populated Deer or any other animal.