RE: [hreg] FW: BUSINESS-PROPOSAL/ ATTN ; DIRECTOR

  • Terry Ross
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2001
      This is a scam!

      It has appeared in snail-mail form for many years!

      Terry Ross

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 30, 2001
        I concur with Terry Ross.

        I have hundreds of these on file. Most come from Nigeria and all are bunk.

        FYI: If you contact them they will actually spend a great deal of time and
        money trying to get your bank info or to get you to meet them in the
        Netherlands or Canada with $10,000 cash.

        At 07:32 PM 8/29/01 -0500, you wrote:
        >This is a scam!
        >
        >It has appeared in snail-mail form for many years!
        >
        >Terry Ross

        Andrew H. McCalla
        Meridian Energy Systems, Inc.
        Solar-Electric System Design, Installation, and Service.
        P.O. Box 5810
        Austin, TX 78763
        Tel: 512-477-3050
        Fax: 512-477-3035
        www.meridiansolar.com
      • dans1
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 30, 2001
          All: This is very much a scam. I just got through watching a program on TV
          about it. It is called a 419 scam and so far the people involved with it
          have scammed unknowing gullible people out of $28,500,000.00 so far. Yes
          that is 28.5 Million dollars. They started out sending letters to people by
          getting your name out of the phone book, but when the post office found out
          about it, they now seize the letters, because they also are using conterfit
          stamps. Then they switched to sending these offers via faxes, but Interpol
          has been shutting down thier Fax lines to stop it. Now they have moved into
          send these bogus offers via Email's. You should also be fore warned that
          some of the people that were gullible enough to fall for this scam, ended up
          dead when they met with the contact to deliver the money that these people
          requested to falilitate the transaction.

          So for the sake of your own health and financial well being and to put a
          halt to these bogus offers, don't reply to them. And you might even want to
          contact your local law enforcement agencies about it.

          Dan

          > I have hundreds of these on file. Most come from Nigeria and all are
          bunk.

          > FYI: If you contact them they will actually spend a great deal of time
          and
          > money trying to get your bank info or to get you to meet them in the
          > Netherlands or Canada with $10,000 cash.
          >

          > At 07:32 PM 8/29/01 -0500, you wrote:
          > >This is a scam!
          > >
          > >It has appeared in snail-mail form for many years!
          > >
          > >Terry Ross

        • B ridget Jensen
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 31, 2001
            I've received such a proposal before, but I've also received warnings about
            such come-ons as they are scams to get into your bank account.

            Bridget

          • Roy Holder
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 31, 2001
              At 07:25 AM 8/31/2001 -0500, you wrote:
              >I've received such a proposal before, but I've also received warnings about
              >such come-ons as they are scams to get into your bank account.
              >
              >Bridget

              This was on the history channel last night as Interpol's biggest intn'l
              scam FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS!