FW: [Indyfriends] Lotta lootin' goin' on! Local Bastrop jobs!

  • donald cook
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 199 Bytes
    The 10-14-13 press conference against Prop 6 in Houston (see below), so I have heard from Barry Klein and  Art Browning, is one where the originator of this e-mail, Linda Curtis, is still looking for organizers.  Do you guys know anyone who would be interested?

    From: ljcurtis@...
    Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 23:23:20 -0500
    To: indyfriends@...
    Subject: [Indyfriends] Lotta lootin' goin' on! Local Bastrop jobs!

    Friends:

    There's a lot going on folks!  Some good, some bad and some pretty darned absurd!

    * Funny things have been happening ever since the Hays County Commissioners Court jumped in bed with Forestar Real Estate Group. The Lost Pines Groundwater Conservation District is meeting with Forestar on Friday, so says the news. Get ready to attend the next Lost Pines GCD meeting next Wednesday, 7 pm, currently scheduled for Giddings City Hall.  (Note: we will be asking for a larger venue.)  We'll send you more poop before then.  And, please read Environmental Stewardship's urgent update here:  http://www.environstewardship.org/2013/10/09/landowners-appeal-party-stutus/

    * Even funnier things are happening on Prop 6 now that we're fixin' to vote on it:  http://www.indytexans.com/2013/10/10/funny-things-happen-before-elections-especially-on-prop-6/

    *  San Antonio, DAllas, Houston and Austin next Monday, October 14th, please join one of our No on Prop 6 press conferences! Keep checking here for details:  http://www.indytexans.com/2013/10/10/advisory-press-conferences-to-nix-prop-6/

     Austin, Thurs., Oct. 17th, 6:30 pm, the League of Women Voters - Austin Area will hold a debate on Prop 6.  No, Water Texas PAC and H204Texas won't debate. But this one should be a hot one with Bill Bunch (Save Our Springs Alliance) taking the No on 6 position.  It's at the Triumphant Love Church, 9508 Great Hills Trail, Austin.

    *  East Texas (Grimes County and surrounds), Monday, October 21st, 6 pm, at Roans Prairie Community Center (at the crossroads of Hwy. 30 and Hwy. 90), there is a public hearing by a new local organization started by Martha and Bob Strawn and Joan Escamilla -- called Pro-TEAMS (Facebook here) on citizen's concerns about eminent domain abuse, public safety and protection of water resources related to pipelines. Visit TexasPipelineWatch.org and consider holding your own hearings!

    *   Have you seen the firestorm of comments on news blogs about the possibility of Debra Medina running as an independent candidate for Governor?  We say...run, Debra, run, however you wish...and don't let the partisanship get you down!  P.S. They always call independents "spoilers"!  More here:  http://www.texastribune.org/2013/10/04/spoiler-alert-medina-switch-could-upend-electoral-/

    *  The new League of Independent Voters of Texas has parttime jobs for phone callers! If you're good on the phone and can work in Bastrop, please call 512-213-4511 right away.  Only 4 positions are open!

    *  Independent Texans now has regular Saturday, 9 am conference calls.  This next Saturday's focuses on Prop 6, the water amendment and how to defeat it.  Early voting starts on Monday, Oct. 21.  Reply if you want the conference number or, if you've joined us in the past, you already have it.

    Independently yours,

    Linda Curtis
    Independent Texans
    PO Box 651
    Bastrop, TX 78602
    512-535-0989 office
    512-657-2089 cell

    PS  This entire message is posted here or on our Facebook page and here on our blog for you to share and to comment on.