HREG June 10th Meeting minutes

  • James Ferrill
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2001
      Sorry for the late post.

      HREG June 10th Meeting minutes

      Location: Solarcraft in Stafford, courtesy of Kevin Conlin

      Original Agenda:
      Solar cooking demonstration and "solar picnic"
      Tour of Kevin's facility
      Mike Ewert's solar car air-conditioner
      Announcements, talk about the future

      Attendees: Mike Ewert, Oral Lafleur, Charles Mauch, James Ferrill, Feliciano
      Olivero, Alan Chang, Mohammad Muktar, and a few others whose names I
      missed. You know who you are :-)

      We had a brief officers meeting to discuss HREG stuff. Mike was voted
      acting vice president due to Jonathan's leaving the area. We had a moment
      of silence requested by Oral for Dr. Joshua Hill, who had recently died.
      Dr. Hill was an advocate in the solar engineering department at TSU.
      Charlie said that he had received no response from Earth Day officials
      regarding the prizes. Charlie also passed out some brochures that Green
      Mountain Energy sent him.

      A number of other items were briefly discussed without anything being
      decided, namely dissemination of deregulation information to the public,
      contents and distribution of the newsletter, Mike's school involvement in a
      state PV project, and a HREG group solar project.

      Kevin gave us a tour of the facility. He showed us self-contained power
      systems that he sells to various companies. We also got to see a custom
      solar panel that he manufactures that can survive the tough environment on
      a buoy. Outside, he had other stand-alone systems of various ages that we
      walked around to see.

      Later, Mike showed us the solar air conditioner that is mounted on his car.
      We also ate hot dogs, chips, and drinks while we were inside looking at the
      systems Kevin puts together. Kevin's shop got some water in it from the
      flooding and he had some cleanup to work on. It was really weird when I
      drove from Spring to Stafford because there was no water anywhere and the
      sun was out. You wouldn't have even known that we had a major flood the
      previous day.

      All in all it was a very good meeting. Many thanks go to Kevin for
      providing such a nice meeting place.

      Internet links: www.bccacleanair.org

      The meeting concluded sometime after 4pm.