SEIA Action Alert - June 25th - re: Climate Change plan announcement

  • Violeta Archer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2013
      Folks,

      Climate change is on the government administration's agenda and tomorrow we can learn about the plan.

      See below for details.

      Best regards,

      Violeta Archer
      HREG secretary

      °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

      President Barack Obama will be making a major announcement on climate change at Georgetown University tomorrow, Tuesday, June 25, at 1:25 p.m. EDT.

      You can watch the speech live at: whitehouse.gov/live

      This is an historic moment. The plan is expected to include actions that the Administration is currently taking, or can take, through executive authority. It may also include a "Call to Action" focused on private sector and state and local efforts to address climate change. Potential actions include:
      • Adjustment to tax measures and loan guarantees through DOE
      • Mitigation measures (pipeline upgrades, methane leak capture, procurement, energy efficiency, renewable energy and regulation of existing power plants)
      • Adaptation measures
      • International action and cooperation with China, India
      Please see related Washington Post and New York Times articles as well as our comments that were submitted to the Bicameral Task Force on Climate Change.

      What you can do?
      The Administration is looking for business reactions to the climate plan.  SEIA will release a statement after the speech tomorrow and SEIA members are encouraged to do their own press releases, op-eds, letters to the editor, social media and media outreach.

      The solar industry remains committed to helping the nation reach its climate change goals. In fact, solar accounted for 49% of all the new electric capacity added in the first quarter of 2013 and will continue to grow.

      Here’s a sample tweet you can use:
      The time is right to take action on #climatechange. The #solar industry is ready to power America with clean, renewable energy. http://www.seia.org/policy/environment/climate-change

      Thank you for all that you do,

      Rhone Resch