Re: [hreg] Tera Energy should be renamed "Terror" Energy.

  • Tai-Lin Hong
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2013
      I want to verify that Tera Energy is Bill Gates's energy venture of building a
      secure power network using superior cyber technology. The attempt is to establish
      a high degree of intellegent automation for power distribution and connectivity.

      I am totally sympathetical to your feeling against the ignorance, arrogance, and
      incompetence of Tera energy. But, we have to live with it, just like we have done
      with Wall street and Oil companies, which we even have to use our tax money
      to bail them out or subsidize them.

      Tai-Lin Hong

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2013

        Tai-Lin Hong,

        It is Tara Energy, not “Tera” (I made a typo).  To my knowledge it has nothing to do with Bill Gates nor building a secure power network.  I have been told it was founded by some former Enron employees.  If you have better source information please let us know.  Thanks.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 4, 2013

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Energy

          When all else fails, there’s WikiPedia…

          Jim Duncan

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 4, 2013
            Jim Duncan,
            Thanks.
            What we heard may be just rumors of different kinds. It becomes increasingly difficult to
            verify those stories spreading in the cyber networks. We are so very vulnerable to be manipulated by all kinds of special interests who want us to believe one thing or the other.
            I am so fustrated by the fact that we can no longer expect things by just using our common sense.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 4, 2013

              I posted the Wiki link before I read the whole thing. It does seem that it’s a really big parent company. And their mission seems to be investing. Energy generation is just the mechanism they use to make the money for their stockholders.

              I don’t know how much good it would do to complain about lousy customer service to top management people but it seems that a company this big should have some pretty rigid standards of conduct. I’m a believer of going to the top with complaints.

              Or maybe they’re just too busy making money to care.

              Jim