Tera Energy should be renamed "Terror" Energy.

  • J P Malone
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2013

      I just wanted to alert others to the huge ongoing problems we have had with Tera Energy who we use for our electricity provider.

      I have rarely in my long life experienced such an incompetent group of people.

      Their billing $$ do not add up.  We pay by credit card so we have verification of the amount they charged us, when paid, etc., and we have their confirmation numbers on our payments also, yet they change the numbers after we talk to them.   Their customer service reps are incompetent, untrained or stupid, or all of the above.  They tell you one thing and do another.  They practice “creative accounting”, but will not allow you to speak to a supervisor (hang up on you), nor the head of the accounting department, nor divulge the name or contact info of the CEO.

      We have two houses with Tera, plus our daughters house & and a few of friends use them.  All six accounts are having similar problems with Tera.  They cut the electricity off at a friend’s house who had proof of payment.  They send out “notification” of intent to cut off, when bills have already been paid, on several occasions to several of the accounts I am familiar with.

      Just thought there maybe others reviewing their electricity provider.  My opinion is that Tera Energy should be allowed to file bankruptcy and stop damaging their industry reputation.

      If anyone can recommend a quality provider at reasonable prices I would appreciate it, as we will all be changing at the earliest opportunity.

    • Russell Warren
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2013
        Personally I would use one of the nrg companies. Reliant, green mountain, pennywise power. I am sure you will find someone with a bad experience but in 11 years I have never had a single billing issue with them.

        Russell Warren
        Graybar Electric
        281-217-1563

[...]

      • Kent Seuser
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2013
          Customer service issues are evaluated regularly by a number of reporting agencies. Jd powers is one example. Look for rep with jd power awards. Just a suggestion.
          Kent

          Sent from my iPhone

[...]

        • Barbara and Mike McGinity
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2013
            You should report Tera to the Texas Public Utilities Commission regarding these issues.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 4, 2013
              I want to verify that Tera Energy is Bill Gates's energy venture of building a
              secure power network using superior cyber technology. The attempt is to establish
              a high degree of intellegent automation for power distribution and connectivity.

              I am totally sympathetical to your feeling against the ignorance, arrogance, and
              incompetence of Tera energy. But, we have to live with it, just like we have done
              with Wall street and Oil companies, which we even have to use our tax money
              to bail them out or subsidize them.

              Tai-Lin Hong

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 4, 2013

                Tai-Lin Hong,

                It is Tara Energy, not “Tera” (I made a typo).  To my knowledge it has nothing to do with Bill Gates nor building a secure power network.  I have been told it was founded by some former Enron employees.  If you have better source information please let us know.  Thanks.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 4, 2013

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Energy

                  When all else fails, there’s WikiPedia…

                  Jim Duncan

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 4, 2013
                    Jim Duncan,
                    Thanks.
                    What we heard may be just rumors of different kinds. It becomes increasingly difficult to
                    verify those stories spreading in the cyber networks. We are so very vulnerable to be manipulated by all kinds of special interests who want us to believe one thing or the other.
                    I am so fustrated by the fact that we can no longer expect things by just using our common sense.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 4, 2013

                      I posted the Wiki link before I read the whole thing. It does seem that it’s a really big parent company. And their mission seems to be investing. Energy generation is just the mechanism they use to make the money for their stockholders.

                      I don’t know how much good it would do to complain about lousy customer service to top management people but it seems that a company this big should have some pretty rigid standards of conduct. I’m a believer of going to the top with complaints.

                      Or maybe they’re just too busy making money to care.

                      Jim