Re: [hreg] HR2322

  • Charles L. Seaman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2001
      This is fine relative to wind energy. Let's do it.
      But let's go back to the 1970's relative to Mr. Jimmy Carter and provide Tax
      credit for insulation added to the houses where a sufficient improvement in
      conservation can be proved.(Before and after) electric bills PLUS the cost
      of the insulation receipt, etc.
      While we are at it, let us get independent about energy - hell we will have
      to borrow oil just to fight a semi large scale war for about 6 months.
      Let's leave Bush holding his oil coupons and let's start using
      Hydrogen/Oxygen fuel cells. Takes a while to develop but the only polution
      is clean water vapor that will return to the sea as rain/streams etc.
      Let's start using Heat pumps and Geo-thermal energy during the winter
      instead of each individual house having a Methane furnace where the exhaust
      gas going up the chimmy is around 350 oF. A Utility providing circulating
      water can be run both for cooling and for heating; hence a heat pump is
      needed. So many blocks of homes can be serviced by one utility heating
      station and one (the same) utility cooling tower or equivalent can be used
      for cooling. Let's get these money changer out of the loop and put some
      technical people in where they need to be.
      This will allow the remaining oil in the ground to be used for pharmicutical
      purposes.