Re: [hreg] renewable energy recommendations

  • Kevin L. Conlin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2001
      Very good points, Laverne.  I've noticed that the HREG loves to pick the local brains, then they shop for the products out of town.  Buying solar equipment on e-bay does not foster local renewable energy efforts, yet the purpose of the group is (supposed to be) to promote Houston renewables.
      Personally, this doesn't affect me because we don't sell to the public,  but I've noticed a lot of half assed notions and advice being given in the context of saving money.  This approach hurts the PV industry in that the products won't function properly if they are not sized and selected properly, ultimately discouraging their use.  All PV products are not created equal, and I've seen a lot of junk dangerously installed because people didn't know what they were doing, or were determined to save a buck.