Request to TX PUC for Solar Workshop

  • Lucy Stolzenburg
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2013
    Dear folks at HREG,
    Clay Butler has filed a request to the PUC commissioners to establish a workshop specifically for solar. We are woefully under represented at the PUC; actually don't seem to be represented at all. Please see the following and consider filing comments.
    Thank you,
    lucy
    Lucy Stolzenburg
    TXSES Executive Director
    512-751-1873

    Begin forwarded message:

    From: "Clay A. Butler" <butler@...>
    Subject: Request to TX PUC for Solar Workshop
    Date: February 27, 2013 12:34:32 PM CST
    To: Lucy Stolzenburg <lucy@...>

    Lucy,

     Please find attached comments filed by my firm this morning with the Texas PUC in Docket 40000 (Resource Adequacy). The comments request the commissioners to establish a workshop specifically for solar. Up to this point, the solar industry has not had a forum to participate in the PUC's efforts to develop solutions to Texas' resource adequacy issues. With a workshop under a separate docket, distributed solar and utility-scale solar will have a venue to: (1) develop and submit solutions for the PUC to adopt; and (2) have a direct flow through to ERCOT with projects for ERCOT working groups.

     Our comments are the first step towards establishing a workshop. Over the next couple weeks it is critical that the industry and its supporters come together to push this through. Your organization and you can help by filing comments in Docket 40000 supporting the creation of a workshop. In addition, representatives from your organization can visit with the public utility commissioners and staff educating them on how solar truly offers a near term solution for resource adequacy.

      Please feel free to forward to your members and request support. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience at 512-992-0439.

    Clay

    photo
    Clay Butler, Partner
    The Butler Firm, PLLC