Re: [hreg] Solar Installers sought immediately

  • Philip Timmons
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15 2:12 PM
      I helped them for part of the Dallas (Frisco) IKEA.

      Pretty good folks and very large bi-polar systems. (as in both + and - grounded section -- not the mental disorder . . .  :)  )

      What they tend to use on-site are licensed electricians (for the conduit, wire, cable tray, etc.) and laborers -- for the hauling, frame installation, anchoring, ballasts.

      So it is not so much about having any particular experice in any type of Solar (per se) system, but rather about following safe working practices on a large Production Construction site.

      They tend to use the various labor brokers because that creates a Very Clear boundary for Taxes, Worker's Comp, and other legal employee considerations.

      Oveall, pretty good folks -- it was last Summer and so hot we would start in the wee hours and be done by noon each day to avoid heat injuries.