RE: [hreg] Solar Installers sought immediately

  • Jim Duncan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2013

      I’m curious why don’t they check with the solar industry instead of generic contract labor organizations.

      TREIA.org would be a good place to start.

      My 2¢

      Jim Duncan

      North Texas Renewable Energy Inc

      www.ntrei.com

      NABCEP PV 031310-57

      TECL-27398

      ntrei@...

      817.917.0527

      NABCEP Logo

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2013
        I helped them for part of the Dallas (Frisco) IKEA.

        Pretty good folks and very large bi-polar systems. (as in both + and - grounded section -- not the mental disorder . . .  :)  )

        What they tend to use on-site are licensed electricians (for the conduit, wire, cable tray, etc.) and laborers -- for the hauling, frame installation, anchoring, ballasts.

        So it is not so much about having any particular experice in any type of Solar (per se) system, but rather about following safe working practices on a large Production Construction site.

        They tend to use the various labor brokers because that creates a Very Clear boundary for Taxes, Worker's Comp, and other legal employee considerations.

        Oveall, pretty good folks -- it was last Summer and so hot we would start in the wee hours and be done by noon each day to avoid heat injuries.

        REC Solar is currently making some adjustments to IKEA's roof top solar energy system and they could use some extra hands. I spoke with him yesterday and he's having a hard time finding experienced technicians.

        Although REC Solar enlists temporary companies (shown below) to fill positions, please feel free to contact the project manager directly for this job opportunity.

        Todd Williams - project manager
        REC Solar
        cell: 805-704-9481
        • Contractors & Builders  http://www.contractorsandbuilders.com/