Re: [hreg] Re: Press Release Event for Solar Energy Potential

  • Kent Seuser
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 15 9:52 AM
      Does houston have as many pv production days as Austin and San Antonio?  If it is grid tied, are there too many shade events, i. e. clouds?  Would it be wiser to focus on thermal solar for Ac cooling?
      Kent

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 15, 2013, at 11:31, Bridget Jensen <blj2@...> wrote:

      Here's a link to the report summary http://environmenttexas.org/reports/txe/reaching-sun

      The point of the press conference in Houston was to highlight how our city is eclipsed by Austin and San Antonio with regards to solar energy production.

    • Jim Duncan
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 15 1:37 PM

        You can find the solar radiation data for Houston and a lot of other cities on the nrel www site.

        http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/pubs/redbook/

        Jim Duncan

        North Texas Renewable Energy Inc

        www.ntrei.com