Re: Press Release Event for Solar Energy Potential

  • Bridget Jensen
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 15, 2013
      Here's a link to the report summary http://environmenttexas.org/reports/txe/reaching-sun

      The point of the press conference in Houston was to highlight how our city is eclipsed by Austin and San Antonio with regards to solar energy production.
    • Kent Seuser
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 15, 2013
        Does houston have as many pv production days as Austin and San Antonio?  If it is grid tied, are there too many shade events, i. e. clouds?  Would it be wiser to focus on thermal solar for Ac cooling?
        Kent

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Feb 15, 2013, at 11:31, Bridget Jensen <blj2@...> wrote:

        Here's a link to the report summary http://environmenttexas.org/reports/txe/reaching-sun

        The point of the press conference in Houston was to highlight how our city is eclipsed by Austin and San Antonio with regards to solar energy production.

      • Jim Duncan
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 15, 2013

          You can find the solar radiation data for Houston and a lot of other cities on the nrel www site.

          http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/pubs/redbook/

          Jim Duncan

          North Texas Renewable Energy Inc

          www.ntrei.com