Re: [hreg] Press Release Event for Solar Energy Potential

  • Lucy Stolzenburg
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12, 2013
      Very cool Bridget…thank you for this. Please send me the report when you release it.
      Warm regards,
      lucy

      Lucy Stolzenburg
      TXSES Executive Director
      512-751-1873

      On Feb 11, 2013, at 7:10 PM, Bridget Jensen <blj2@...> wrote:

      I'm passing along this announcement for a press release event about solar energy potential in Texas cities:

      Thursday is going to be an exciting day. Not only is it a day where people spend a little extra time appreciating the all love in their lives, but it is also the day we release our solar energy report!

      In our report, we found that Houston only has 4% of the solar energy that cities like San Antonio and Austin have. We know we can do better than that.

      Join Environment Texas, Houston city officials, as well as the business and environmental community as we release our report ranking Texas cities for solar energy potential on the rooftop of IKEA ­ home to the LARGEST solar array in Houston!

      Together we will stand - surrounded by 4,000 solar panels - for a brighter, healthier, and drought-proof future.

      What?

      We <3 Solar! Environment Texas Press Conference

      When?

      This Thursday morning, Feb 14th at 10:00am

      Where?

      The rooftop of IKEA!

      7810 Katy Fwy Houston

      TX 77024

      (go up the escalator and follow the signs to the roof)

      Check out our facebook event here and share it with your friends!

      To love and good health!

      All the best,

      Talya

      ~~

      Talya Tavor

      Houston Field Organizer

      Environment Texas

      www.environmenttexas.org

      talya@...

      (847) 997-0564

    • Bridget Jensen
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 15, 2013
        Here's a link to the report summary http://environmenttexas.org/reports/txe/reaching-sun

        The point of the press conference in Houston was to highlight how our city is eclipsed by Austin and San Antonio with regards to solar energy production.
      • Kent Seuser
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 15, 2013
          Does houston have as many pv production days as Austin and San Antonio?  If it is grid tied, are there too many shade events, i. e. clouds?  Would it be wiser to focus on thermal solar for Ac cooling?
          Kent

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Feb 15, 2013, at 11:31, Bridget Jensen <blj2@...> wrote:

          Here's a link to the report summary http://environmenttexas.org/reports/txe/reaching-sun

          The point of the press conference in Houston was to highlight how our city is eclipsed by Austin and San Antonio with regards to solar energy production.

        • Jim Duncan
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 15, 2013

            You can find the solar radiation data for Houston and a lot of other cities on the nrel www site.

            http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/pubs/redbook/

            Jim Duncan

            North Texas Renewable Energy Inc

            www.ntrei.com