Solar Trackers in San Antonio

  • William S
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2012
      You may know that San Antonio has committed to installing 400 mega-Watts of PV. A subset of this is tracking solar. The company chosen to do the tracker part is <http://www.ercam.es/>. This is an interesting 2 axis tracker. The design has the array not rotating through the angles - as the sun's movement is characterized - azimuth and elevation. But rather something more like a single axis tracker, where there is a daily movement, corresponding to the earth's rotation. But built in, is a second slow motion for the seasonal adjustment. This type of motion is suited for areas where the design wind-speeds are less that 120 MPH. I say this, because the array is quite high in the sky, in the morning and afternoon, and presents a large area against the wind. I might add, that Centerpoint has installed a 2 axis tracker, of the azimuth and elevation motion type (http://www.sendekia.com/en/producto/sdk-carrusel.html), on Bissonnet, inside the loop near the RR tracks. This type of tracker is more suited for the Gulf Coast area, and is low to the ground, where 120 MPH winds can happen.
      And by the way, SA is looking for welders for the solar installation.
      Moving forward!