Special NTREG Meeting Announcement - December 8

  • Jim Duncan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2012

      Special North Texas Renewable Energy Group  Meeting Notice

      Our guest presenter for our December 2012 meeting is State of
      Texas Representative Raphael Anchia. We anticipate a very
      large turnout for this meeting. Please arrive early.

      * What: North Texas Renewable Energy Group Meeting
      * When: Saturday, December 8, 2012.
      * Time 10:00 am to 12:00 noon
      * Location: REI, 4515 Lyndon B Johnson Freeway, Farmers Branch, Texas

      Note! There's considerable highway construction in this area.

      Access to REI is from the west-bound I-635 frontage road.
      Previously posted driving directions may not be accurate
      due to the construction work.

      Topic: "What the 2013 Legislative Session Means for Power
      and Renewable Energy in Texas"

      Presenter: Texas State Representative Rafael Anchia,
      House District 103, covering Northwest Dallas County
      in the Texas Legislature.

      About Representative Anchia

      Earlier this year, the Texas Public Utility Commission (PUC),
      the state agency that regulates energy, voted to sharply
      increase the maximum dollar amount electricity power producers
      can charge retail providers for power when supplies run short.

      The change raises the price cap from $3,000 per megawatt hour
      to $4,500, increasing the costs for retail providers when the
      grid gets overloaded. Those costs will be passed on to consumers.
      How much increase? $4.5 Billion dollars!

      State Representative Rafael Anchia is one of the few legislators
      who filed questions with state regulators about the rule change.
      He wanted to see evidence that the PUC was looking at ALL options
      to make sure Texas has adequate electricity, and that consumers
      aren't getting getting cheated.

      In 2011, Representative Anchia was the House sponsor of a number
      of bills related to energy efficiency, distributed renewable
      generation and energy storage that became law.

      Representative Anchia received the Gregg Cooke Award for Excellence
      in Environmental Leadership at the annual Clean Air Through Energy Efficiency (CATEE) Conference in November, 2011.

      Note: Due to Representative Anchia's popularity, and the considerable
      public interest in his presentation, we anticipate a very large
      turnout at our December meeting. Please arrive early if possible.

      Free and open to the public! No registration or RSVP required.
      Everyone welcome.

      Our meeting this month is one of NTREG's ongoing series
      of member-oriented presentations, where at each meeting,
      attendees suggest the topics for future meetings.

      Jim Duncan, Secretary

      North Texas Renewable Energy Group

      Sub-Chapter of Texas Solar Energy Society

      A 501c3 Non-Profit, FTID#74-1962704

      __._,_.__