Re: [hreg] Fwd: Call for candidates-Texas Solar Energy Society Board of Directors [2 Attachments]

  • Lucy Stolzenburg
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2012
      Thank you Mike.
      I have received few inquires, which surprises me, but then again, I got a bit strident about the board members' responsibilities.
      Lucy
      Lucy Stolzenburg
      TXSES Interim Executive Director
      512-751-1873

      On Nov 14, 2012, at 9:30 PM, mkewert@... wrote:

      If anyone is interested in being considered for the Texas solar energy society board of directors, please see below.
      Mike - HREG rep. to TXSES

      Dear Texas Solar Energy Society Members and Friends,

      Elections for 4 at-large positions on the Texas Solar Energy Society Board of Directors for the Jan. 2013-Dec. 2014 term are in process. We are looking for candidates who are willing to help us increase membership and financial resources, reach Texans outside the I-35  & Houston corridor, and willing to assist in some manner with events, such as the Chapter solar tours, the Austin Cool House Tour, and some humanitarian projects in the works.  A .pdf outlining basic Board Member expectations is attached, and I would add that all Board Members s hould be members of the American Solar Energy Society.

      The TXSES Board is composed of 8 at-large members and representatives from each of our 4 chapters (HREG, NTREG, Solar Austin and Solar San Antonio). The Board meets four times a year, but sometimes uses email for voting outside of the meeting schedule if necessary. There are four officers: Chairman, Vice-Chairmen, Secretary and Treasurer. Board members not in Austin have the option to call-in for the meetings on a toll-free conference number to participate. We have found this system to be workable and effective. The election runs from Dec. 8, 2012 to Jan.7, 2013. New Board Members will take responsibility at the Annual Meeting (location TBD) January 19, 2013.

      If you are interest ed in running for one of the At-Large seats, these are the requirements:

      *Due by December 5, 2012:  A short bio, sent as a reply to this email, 125 words or less, plus one sentence explaining why you are interested in serving on the TXSES Board. Long bios or resumes will not be accepted. This deadline is firm.

      *You must be a current TXSES member  on Dec. 5, 2012. No exceptions.

      *Only members current as of Dec. 5, 2012 are eligible to vote.

      A note on TXSES and the Leg : I often receive questions about our ability to lobby the Legislature on matters of solar energy,renewables and energy efficiency.  TXSES is a 501 (c) (3) and thus limited in this area. We can however, encourage ou r members and citizens to engage their representatives in discussion about the need for greater support from our leaders and legislators.

      You may send your bios, and any questions you might have about your current membership to me at lucy@....
      Many thanks to you all for your support of TXSES.

      Warm regards,