State of Texas Renewable Energy postings

  • mkewert@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2012
      Some impressive renewable energy reports from the governor's office. But not as impressive as the renewable energy potential of Texas!
      I knew wind and our portfolio standard were very successful, but this still surprised me:
      "Adopted in 1999, the Texas Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) required 2,000 MW of new renewable energy capacity to be installed statewide by 2009. The RPS is administered by the PUC. In August 2005, the Texas Legislature extended the RPS to expand the state's generating capacity from renewable energy sources to 5,880 MW by 2015 and included a target of 10,000 MW by 2025, with 500 MW coming from non-wind sources. The state’s installed capacity reached the 10,000-MW target in early 2010—15 years ahead of schedule."

      Mike
    • Lucy Stolzenburg
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2012
        Very well put. they are basically fluff, but they are something.
        Lucy Stolzenburg
        TXSES Interim Executive Director
        512-751-1873