FW: SPEER Update and Invitation to September Workshops

  • Ralph Parrott
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2012

      From: Doug Lewin [mailto:dlewin@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:11 PM
      To: ralph.parrott@...
      Subject: SPEER Update and Invitation to September Workshops

      Hello,

      If you're receiving this, I've probably talked to you at some point about SPEER, the South-central Partnership for Energy Efficiency as a Resource, a new organization with 20 great members, dedicated to increasing energy efficiency in Texas and Oklahoma. We've got a lot of great projects underway, which are described briefly below.  In particular,  I want to make you aware of the first four of 20 energy efficiency workshops (please see here for an invitation) we'll be holding across Texas in partnership with the State Energy Conservation Office (SECO) and Texas A&M's Energy Systems Lab (ESL). The first workshops will provide both training and a forum for discussion of key issues facing the energy efficiency industry. I hope you can make it to one of them and encourage you to forward on the information to everyone you think might be interested. You can register here.

      In addition to the educational workshops, we have a number of great projects underway. Please sign up for regular SPEER updates (about twice per month) by clicking here.  Over the next several months, we'll be:

      • working to increase energy code compliance and encourage harmonized adoption of new codes throughout the region,
      • putting on Building Operator Certification courses throughout the region (our first one is already underway in Austin),
      • continually updating and adding to our Energy Upgrade campaign to encourage energy efficiency awareness and action,
      • providing thought leadership on how Texas can increase opportunities for demand response and energy efficiency to participate in energy markets,
      • educating and informing state and community leaders about important policy issues related to energy efficiency,
      • working with Texas community colleges to benchmark energy usage on campus, and engage students in the process of identifying energy saving opportunities, and
      • planning for our First Annual Summit which will be held February 25-26 in Austin. Please save the date!

      For more on SPEER please see our website and this two-page summary. There's a lot going on and I hope you'll consider joining us. If you're interested in partnering with SPEER to advance energy efficiency in Texas and Oklahoma, please let me know. I hope to see you at one of the workshops next month.

      Thank you very much,

      Doug Lewin
      Executive Director, SPEER
      512.279.0753