RE: [hreg] want to power my stereo

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2001
      I don't know much about stereos, but I suspect it has a range of acceptable
      input voltage. I think your first step should be to find this out [from the
      manufacturer if necessary]. That way, you can make sure you protect your
      equipment. Then, I think you need a battery and PV charge controller that
      will stay in that range. Depending on the range, I'm not sure how much that
      will cost. I would check with one of the solar dealers on the list Kathryn
      mentioned or try Electronic Parts Outlet (EPO).

      I took an old radio that ran on 2 batteries and powered it directly with a
      PV panel, but I was willing to risk the radio on this experiment. It
      worked!

      Yes, PV does work. I hope you figure out a way to make it work for you.