The Roundup August Update

  • Ralph Parrott
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2012
      The Roundup August Update

      From: Renewable Energy Roundup & Green Living Fair [mailto:Renewable_Energy_Roundup__Green_@...]
      Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:45 AM
      To: ralph.parrott@...
      Subject: The Roundup August Update

      Click to view this email in a browser

      Renewable Energy Roundup & Green Living Fair

      Roundup Header

      Save the Date:
      September 29 & 30th
      Little Green Lightbulb

      Given the number of folks who participate in the Roundup, it’s never too early to line up a place to stay. Fredericksburg is a popular destination, especially in the Fall.

      Deadline for discounted rooms is August 20 !!!

      Fredericksburg Inn & Suites
      201 South Washington, Fredericksburg, TX  78624
      RESERVATIONS:   800-446-0202

      Discount Code:

      Renewable Energy Roundup
      Thurs, Sunday $89 each
      Fri & Sat $129 each

      (2 night minimum)

      AND REMEMBER

      Registration Deadline:  August 20

      Important Details:
      Location:

      Market Square

      101 West Main

      Fredericksburg, TX

      Dates:

      Friday, Sept. 28th

      • Workshops
      • Kids Environmental Program
      • Grand Opening Party $50
      • Advanced tickets only

      Saturday, Sept. 29

      Gates open: 9 AM - 6 PM

      Sunday, Sept.  30th

      Gates Open: 9 AM - 5 PM

      Cost:

      Early Registration: $12 per day / $20 2-day pass

      Gate Registration: $15 per day / $25 2-day pass

      Hear what Roundup visitors have to say!

      I’ve been coming to the Roundup for 8 years.  I think there’s more enthusiasm and energy in this show than any other.  It is due to people’s interest in alternative energy resources.  The cost of our conventional ways of getting energy are going to go up so people know they need to make changes now. You can feel that enthusiasm building.

      Michael Krobot, ClimateMaster Windows, Mason, TX

      Six Weeks & Counting 'till Roundup!

      box_top.gif

      box_bottom.gif

      Hi Roundup Friend,

      We are well into August and many are getting ready for school to begin.  Even if it feels like summer the fall is just around the corner with football and a trip to Fredericksburg for The Renewable Energy Roundup & Green Living Fair.  Don't forget to add The Roundup to your calendar - September 29 & 30!

      Important Exhibitor Information

      centexmetalroofingExhibitors: Spaces are getting filled.  Now is the time to register to get that special location and beat the rush.

      We're getting excited about all this year's exhibitors and the new ideas they are bringing!

      Click here to register online.

      If your company is planning to exhibit better get on it partner ... don't dilly dally!  Times a wasting!

      Speakers

      Tent TalkSpeakers have registered and the schedules are being settled.
      You can watch The Roundup web site for the speaker list ... Included here you'll see a small sample of some speaker events.

      There is something for everyone!

      Workshops

      Circular Energy - Intro to Solar

      Hosts a workshop for LEED Professionals, architects and anyone interested in green building. This provides CEU credits for AIA and USGBC certification.

      Rainwater Collection Workshop

      Dick Peterson will conduct a workshop on building your own rainwater collection system.  You'll build a holding tank and it will be raffled off during The Roundup.

      Watch for more information on our other workshops in coming newsletters!

      Panel Discussions (Wow, you're going to love these!)

      Biofuels

      Utilities  CPS Energy, Austin Energy, Bluebonnet & PEC Co-Op

      Austin Energy Green Building & group of LEED green builders

      Jobs and Careers > Renewable Energy Student Association

      Electric Vehicles/Transportation moderated by Austin EV Club

      Sustainable Gardening

      Tent Talks

      Every green topic you can imagine ... from Sustainability for Texas Vineyards to Rainwater Harvesting, Solar, Wind, Green Building, Transportation and more ...

      Demos

      See Lavender oil distillation from fresh lavender flowers.

      There will be many cooking demos too ... more information in coming newsletters!

      RC Solar Car Race

      Students and Adults

      Register for the Remote Control (RC) Solar Car Race

      Convert your old remote control car to solar power and join the race to win.

      Start a team - get a sponsor - enter as yourself!

      There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies – 1st place prize includes a cash purse!

      Click here to get registered!

      Thanks goes to Texas Solar Power Company for sponsoring the race!

      texas-solar-power

      Bring the Kids for Family Fun & Learning Activities

      2007-09-29_040v2bJoin us to build solar cars and race them on our yellow race track.  Find folks ready to help kids build solar ovens so you can cook your own s'mores!  We are still planning other terrific kids events ... Watch the newsletters for more coming soon!!!

      solarracecar

      Thanks to our sponsors!

      LOGO treia_banner originalTCPSweblogo 2    RainfiltersLogo_art-1   texas-solar-power 2

         Take Care of Tx logo 2    sierraclubWEB 6  Sierra-homes-logo  aegb20YearsLogo

      logo_meridiansolar       CPS Energy Main_Logo_H2

      OCI Solar

      Thanks to our Media Sponsors

       KRNH radio  Don411Logo 2

      tprlogo  Texas Rebel Radio l3

      Tel: 830-997-2350
      Email:info@...
      P.O. Box 2735 - Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

      Renewable Energy Roundup & Green Living Fair
      P O Box 2735
      Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
      US

      Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!