Solar 3.0: Free Training to Reduce Soft Costs
- Solar 3.0: Free Training to Reduce Soft Costs
Tuesday, Aug. 28, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central
Plano, TexasSee how Solar 3.0 can help make your local solar industry more competitive.
If you work for a city, utility, or company involved in permitting, interconnecting, selling, installing, inspecting, or financing solar PV systems, you are cordially invited to attend "Solar 3.0 Free Training To Reduce Soft Costs," a workshop covering national best practices and standards in the areas of solar permitting, installation, interconnection, and inspection. Solar 3.0 is focused on reducing the cost of residential and commercial solar installations in the U.S. market and is backed by SunShot, an initiative of the U.S. Department of Energy.
By attending this session, you will receive:
- Information regarding how Solar 3.0 can benefit your community
- Results of a survey of 500+ building inspectors regarding U.S. solar installation trends
- A free online solar training course covering inspection, installation, and permitting practices (with CEU's)
- An introduction to Solar30.org, a clearinghouse for best practices and standards in solar PV
- Advice about how to engage with the Solar 3.0 team
1) Which organizations are managing and providing service to the Solar 3.0 program?
Sub-award contract holders and in-kind contributors to the Solar 3.0 program include: Burnham Energy, East Bay Green Corridor, Rocky Mountain Institute, ICLEi, International Association of Electrical Inspectors, Mainstream Energy, OnGrid Solar, Sierra Club, Solar Electric Power Association, SolarNexus, Solar Sonoma County, SolarTech, SRA International, SunPower, Underwriter's Laboratories, University of Missouri Law School, and Vote Solar.
2) How can I learn more about the event?
Please email ttansy@....
3) Do I need to print out and bring a ticket to get in?
Yes, please bring your ticket with you to the event.
4) Can I bring a friend?
The number of tickets for this event is limited. If the event is not sold out, we will admit participants at the door.
5) Is there parking at the event?
Yes, there is parking at the hotel and in many locations in the vicinity.
6) Is there public transportation to the event?
While there is fine bus service in the Dallas Metroplex, it is best to come by by car.
7) Who's participating or who are your sponsors?
Solar 3.0 is funded by SunShot, an initiative of the U.S. Department of Energy.
8) Is the venue handicap accessible?
Yes, the venue is fully accessible.
9) Where is the event taking place?
The event will be held at the City of Plano.
10) How do I get there?
Please see the attached Google map for directions.
11) What is the event / hosting organization about?
Solar 3.0 is an outreach initiative to promote process innovation in American cities through the standardization of local land use, zoning code ordinances, permitting processes and interconnection rules for distributed solar PV. For more information, visit www.Solar30.org.
ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability USA is the leading membership association of local governments committed to climate protection, clean energy, and sustainability. For more information, visit www.icleiusa.org.