Re: [hreg] 400 M-Watt in San Antonio

  • Alyssa Burgin
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2012
      Lanny accepted an invitation to speak in Corpus Christi on this topic, an engagement I had arranged. The audience quickly identified two sticking points for CC's implementation of the same ideas. One, the fact that SA has a public-owned utility, but just as important, the financial arrangements put together with Frost Bank and SACU. Lanny hinted strongly that if a local bank could be convinced to guarantee financing, both for large-scale projects and for individual homeowner applications, then the deal would be well on its way to completion.

      Bill Sinkin has had a long lifetime to establish the kind of personal and professional connections necessary to make those arrangements possible. If anyone can think of someone with the kind of clout in Houston to help push things through, that would be a big first step.

      Alyssa Burgin

      --
      Alyssa Burgin
      Executive Director