Election Happening Now - go vote

  • James Cargas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2012
      Public Service Announcement:  Primary Runoff Election

      Early voting for the Primary Runoff Election started on Monday and ends this Friday, July 27th.  Election Day is Tuesday, July 31st.  The polls are open from 7am to 7pm each day.
      Voting locations on election day have been moved around and consolidated. Check here to see where to vote on Tuesday: http://www.harrisvotes.com/VoterBallotSearch.aspx

      For information on candidates, check out the League of Women Voter's election guide: http://www.lwvhouston.org/pdfs/VG2012%20PRINT20120503.pdf

      Since HREG is non-partisan, I will refrain from endorsing any particular candidates for Congress.  However, I will remind you that many have fought and even died so that we all can be free and live in this wonderful democracy.  Be mindful of their sacrifice and perform the most important of civic duties today, Friday or Tuesday -  GO VOTE !

      James Cargas
    • Henry Haynes

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 26, 2012
          Agreed.  Thank you for your message Cargas.

          Renewable energy policy will not advance unless we champion candidates who are willing to take a lead on the issues and hold them accountable once they are in office.

          Non-renwables have their advocates and are working tirelessly to push their agendas.  It is vital that we, at least, demonstrate a similar commitment individually.

          We have at least one renewables champion on the ballot in this run-off election.  I plan on voting today.  When do you plan on voting?

          Rey.

          --
          Reynaldo Guerra, PhD
          Energy & Information Systems Technologies Laboratory