Re: [hreg] 400 M-Watt in San Antonio

  • James Cargas
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 25, 2012
      The primary limitations are man-made.  San Antonio has a single public power company, CPS. Houston is a deregulated market. SA can spread the slightly higher cost of solar over all rate payers so that it becomes a meaningless costs.  In Houston, the ratepayer buying the solar bears all of the cost, eventhough his or her neighbors also get to breath the clean air.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 26, 2012

        Let’s not overlook the persistence and incredible efforts made by Bill and Lanny Sinkin and Solar San Antonio over many years to make this happen

        Their alliance with CPS and the San Antonio Credit Union has resulted in a very dynamic market, this didn’t happen by itself

        Kevin Conlin

        Heliosolar Design Inc

        13534 Quetzal

        Houston TX 77083-3525

        kevin@...

        281 202 9629

            --
            Thanks, Bill S
            Ph 832-338-3080

          • Alyssa Burgin
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 27, 2012
              Lanny accepted an invitation to speak in Corpus Christi on this topic, an engagement I had arranged. The audience quickly identified two sticking points for CC's implementation of the same ideas. One, the fact that SA has a public-owned utility, but just as important, the financial arrangements put together with Frost Bank and SACU. Lanny hinted strongly that if a local bank could be convinced to guarantee financing, both for large-scale projects and for individual homeowner applications, then the deal would be well on its way to completion.

              Bill Sinkin has had a long lifetime to establish the kind of personal and professional connections necessary to make those arrangements possible. If anyone can think of someone with the kind of clout in Houston to help push things through, that would be a big first step.

              Alyssa Burgin

              --
              Alyssa Burgin
              Executive Director