Case for Solar in Texas

  • Chris Boyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2012

      In relation to the excellent talks we had at the NTREG meeting last Saturday on ERCOT’s capacity woes and the value of solar, I just read about the cost of some of the Distribution and Transmission projects going on around the US.  The USDA just secured Utility loans for rural distribution lines costing $5,000 to $40,000 per customer.  San Diego’s new High Voltage transmission line cost $2.50/W for just line capacity.  All that money just for the wire!?   Alternatively, our society could be investing those dollars in distributed solar energy.