Re: Sunny Boy Backup system

  • Jay Ring
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2012
      I like the Xantrex XW system.

      It does grid-tie, independent grid, and can do battery backup.

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Lucy Stolzenburg <lucy@...> wrote:

      > Dear HREG folks,
      > A new TXSES member in Bastrop has this question.
      > Does anyone have info on the Sunny Backup system (made by SMA), which is available in Europe but not in the US. Or if there's an equivalent system made by anyone else?
      >
      > I have let her know about your yahoo group, but I thought I would put it out to you too.
      > thanks,
      > Lucy
      > Lucy Stolzenburg
      > TXSES Interim Executive Director
      > 512-751-1873
      > www.txses.org

    • Travis Cagle
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2012

        This is the one we use on our systems too, the Xantrex line.

        Travis Cagle

        Commercial Business Development

        Alternative Power Solutions

        15150 Sommermeyer Street, Suite 100

        Houston, TX 77041

        Office: 713-595-6375 x 234

        Fax: 713-595-6382

        Cell: 713-594-8663

        travis.cagle@...

        cid:image005.jpg@01CCCB84.4804D6A0

        apowersolutions.com | mytexassolar.com | mylouisianasolar.com

        IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission (including all attached pages) is intended only for the use of the named address(es), and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not a named addressee, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distributing or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy all copies and notify us immediately at this telephone number: (713) 595-6375. Thank you!

        It does grid-tie, independent grid, and can do battery backup.

        --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Lucy Stolzenburg <lucy@...> wrote:

        > Dear HREG folks,
        > A new TXSES member in Bastrop has this question.
        > Does anyone have info on the Sunny Backup system (made by SMA), which is available in Europe but not in the US. Or if there's an equivalent system made by anyone else?
        >
        > I have let her know about your yahoo group, but I thought I would put it out to you too.
        > thanks,
        > Lucy
        > Lucy Stolzenburg
        > TXSES Interim Executive Director
        > 512-751-1873
        > www.txses.org

      • Pat McLeod
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 16, 2012

          There is the SMA Sunny Island, it has been available for some time now, you can make your own 120 or 240 Volt Grid off grid….. Have connected a system in Dallas a few years ago… 2 Sunny island a 4 SMA 4000US, I think it was.

          Pat McLeod

          NABCEP Certified Solar Installer TM

          091209-117

          Senior Executive Design Manager

          Alternative Power Solutions CORP
          15150 Sommermeyer St.

          Ste. 100

          Houston, TX  77041

          Phone (713) 595-6375 EXT 210

          pat.mcleod@...
          www.apowersolutions.com

          --------------------------------

          The Way I Work

          Build Trust and Credibility

          Respect for the Individual

          Create a Culture of Open and Honest Communications

          Set Tone at the Top

          Uphold the Law

          Avoid Conflicts of Interest

          Set Metrics and Report Results Accurately

          Promote Substance Over Form

          Be Loyal,

          Do the Right Thing

          IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission (including all attached pages) is intended only for the use of the named addressee, and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.