independence - RANT

  • Kim & Garth Travis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2001
      Hi,
      While this sounds like a great idea, we are so far from doing it I would
      equate us as still living in England. It is not even possible to find a
      reasonable 12 volt pump for under $400 to match one that is $24.95 for
      ac. You need 3 times the panels to run inverters and batteries, rather
      than direct current for an application needed only during sun hours.
      The selection of 12v anything is pathetic and until this changes,
      freedom can't happen.

      While I would very much like to use the sun and wind, I can do more for
      the environment with my limited dollars in other ways. I do contact the
      manufacturers and ask for what I need, but they have no interest in
      producing useful products. RV and marine are the only markets they see.
      Help the farmers, you have got to be kidding.

      Rant over
      Kim