Sunny Boy Backup system

  • Lucy Stolzenburg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2012
      Dear HREG folks,
      A new TXSES member in Bastrop has this question.
        Does anyone have info on the Sunny Backup system (made by SMA), which is available in Europe but not in the US.  Or if there's an equivalent system made by anyone else?

      I have let her know about your yahoo group, but I thought I would put it out to you too.
      thanks,
      Lucy
      Lucy Stolzenburg
      TXSES Interim Executive Director
      512-751-1873

    • Travis Cagle
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2012

        Lucy,

        We normally design the entire system from whole cloth.  There are some independent manufacturers that take components and assemble them into products similar to the Sunny Boy Backup, but that is pretty much what we do already.

        Thank you,

        Travis Cagle

        Commercial Business Development

        Alternative Power Solutions

        15150 Sommermeyer Street, Suite 100

        Houston, TX 77041

        Office: 713-595-6375 x 234

        Fax: 713-595-6382

        Cell: 713-594-8663

        travis.cagle@...

        cid:image005.jpg@01CCCB84.4804D6A0

        apowersolutions.com | mytexassolar.com | mylouisianasolar.com

        IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission (including all attached pages) is intended only for the use of the named address(es), and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not a named addressee, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distributing or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy all copies and notify us immediately at this telephone number: (713) 595-6375. Thank you!

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 16, 2012
          I like the Xantrex XW system.

          It does grid-tie, independent grid, and can do battery backup.

          --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Lucy Stolzenburg <lucy@...> wrote:

          > Dear HREG folks,
          > A new TXSES member in Bastrop has this question.
          > Does anyone have info on the Sunny Backup system (made by SMA), which is available in Europe but not in the US. Or if there's an equivalent system made by anyone else?
          >
          > I have let her know about your yahoo group, but I thought I would put it out to you too.
          > thanks,
          > Lucy
          > Lucy Stolzenburg
          > TXSES Interim Executive Director
          > 512-751-1873
          > www.txses.org

        • Travis Cagle

            It does grid-tie, independent grid, and can do battery backup.

            --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Lucy Stolzenburg <lucy@...> wrote:

            > Dear HREG folks,
            > A new TXSES member in Bastrop has this question.
            > Does anyone have info on the Sunny Backup system (made by SMA), which is available in Europe but not in the US. Or if there's an equivalent system made by anyone else?
            >
            > I have let her know about your yahoo group, but I thought I would put it out to you too.
            > thanks,
            > Lucy
            > Lucy Stolzenburg
            > TXSES Interim Executive Director
            > 512-751-1873
            > www.txses.org

          • Pat McLeod
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 16, 2012

              There is the SMA Sunny Island, it has been available for some time now, you can make your own 120 or 240 Volt Grid off grid….. Have connected a system in Dallas a few years ago… 2 Sunny island a 4 SMA 4000US, I think it was.

              Pat McLeod

              NABCEP Certified Solar Installer TM

              091209-117

              Senior Executive Design Manager

              Alternative Power Solutions CORP
              15150 Sommermeyer St.

              Ste. 100

              Houston, TX  77041

              Phone (713) 595-6375 EXT 210

              pat.mcleod@...
              www.apowersolutions.com

              --------------------------------

              The Way I Work

              Build Trust and Credibility

              Respect for the Individual

              Create a Culture of Open and Honest Communications

              Set Tone at the Top

              Uphold the Law

              Avoid Conflicts of Interest

              Set Metrics and Report Results Accurately

              Promote Substance Over Form

              Be Loyal,

              Do the Right Thing

              IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission (including all attached pages) is intended only for the use of the named addressee, and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.