Re: [hreg] SOLAR PANEL PARTY AT IKEA!

  • Jimmy Garrett
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2012
      Is there contact info anywhere for the event organizer? I wonder if they'd be willing to give solar energy installers in Houston an opportunity to make their info available to Houstonians interested in installing solar.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 10, 2012, at 11:06 AM, "airdriel" <gartht@...> wrote:

      WHEN: Thursday, July 12, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
      WHERE: IKEA Houston (I-10 and Antoine)
      WHAT: Join IKEA Houston for a special event celebrating the store's brand new solar panel program! The new installation will produce approximately 1,152,464 kWh of clean electricity annually, the equivalent to reducing 795 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) or eliminating the emissions of 156 cars yearly. To celebrate, Sunny 99.1 will be on site handing out free blue bags to the first 156 shoppers that stop by and say hello. At 11:15 a.m., IKEA will hold an official dedication ceremony with remarks from Laura Spanjian, Sustainability Director for City of Houston. In addition, the store will partner with Houston Green Scene and Orange Show Center for Visionary Art to host free, fun and educational workshops for children and adults!