Energy consumed by the tablets

  • evelyn sardina
    Message 1 of 6 , May 26 7:48 AM
      What are we doing about the increasing problem for the use of Tablets and 4G phones...
      Looks to me the only thing out there is the solar gadget for powering the keyboard...
      Everything else is a prototype. I know from contacting some of these inventors and designers that their prototypes are just that.... They have a model that is not marketable for the masses. Other than getting a solar panel specifically for the powering of these items does anyone know of anything else that would work? Has anyone tried the chip for creating energy for the show? What is the  best way to charge a tablet other than plugging it in? I need something practical.
      In any case here is some news to the effect.....  Evelyn

    • Jimmy Garrett
      Message 2 of 6 , May 26 7:56 AM
        One angle to consider is that the use of these devices, in some cases at least, is replacing the use of a laptop or even a Desktop. Either of those two items would use many times more energy that a tablet or smartphone. Now, of course, an e-reader obviously takes more energy than a book, but think about the printing, shipping an storage of those books as well as the paper and tree issue. Maybe a wash but most likely better on the e-reader side.

           If you want something practical for charging with solar however, my boss Ralph Parrott has a laptop bag that has an integrated PV cell that charges is battery. It has several adapters for different devices and I'm sure the company that made his product makes others like it for different applications. Maybe he can weigh in here, or just ask him about it.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On May 26, 2012, at 9:48 AM, evelyn sardina <evelynsardina@...> wrote:

        What are we doing about the increasing problem for the use of Tablets and 4G phones...
        Looks to me the only thing out there is the solar gadget for powering the keyboard...
        Everything else is a prototype. I know from contacting some of these inventors and designers that their prototypes are just that.... They have a model that is not marketable for the masses. Other than getting a solar panel specifically for the powering of these items does anyone know of anything else that would work? Has anyone tried the chip for creating energy for the show? What is the  best way to charge a tablet other than plugging it in? I need something practical.
        In any case here is some news to the effect.....  Evelyn

      • Ralph Parrott
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26 10:59 AM

          The name of the company is Voltaic systems.

          http://www.voltaicsystems.com/

          Ralph Parrott

          Founder and Vice President of Business Development

          Alternative Power Solutions

          15150 Sommermeyer

          Houston, Texas  77041 - *New*

          O. 713-595-6375

          F. 713-595-6382

          C. 281-455-9083

          www.apowersolutions.com

          NEW APS Logo.jpg

          President

          cid:image005.jpg@01CCCB84.4804D6A0

          http://www.txses.org/hreg

          IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission (including all attached pages) is intended only for the use of the named address(es), and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not a named addressee, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distributing or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy all copies and notify us immediately at this telephone number: (713) 595-6375. Thank you!

          Message 4 of 6 , May 26 11:33 AM
            How about Goal Zero - www.goalzero.com?

            Andrea

[...]

            http://www.goodnewsfinland.com/archive/news/8f9fbb65/

          • Liz Newman
            Message 5 of 6 , May 29 8:57 AM
              Hi Evelyn,
              There are power covers for these items such as Iphone or Android covers that now charge your phone while they house the phone.  Have you seen them.  One is called the "juice pack" for Iphone.  I believe they are made for Ipad as well.  Not sure.  They are made by iLuv and iGo.  Of course they are not solar but they are power supplies for phones and tablets just the same.
              There are others out there as well and another type is about to hit the market here by end of June.
              Not sure if this is what you refer to, but just throwing this out there.
              Liz

              --
              Liz Newman, CGB, CGP, GMB
              Director of Corporate Development

              Facebook Twitter
              Go green with our free iPhone app! http://fwd4.me/01gP
              This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, possibly containing information proprietary to the One Stop Green LLC, its Affiliates, and Partners, and are intended solely for the use of the recipients named, as covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521. If you are not an intended recipient you are hereby notified that disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email in error and destroy any electronic or paper copies of the original communication.

            • evelyn sardina
              Message 6 of 6 , May 29 10:55 AM
                Thanks...