HREG Meeting Reminder

  • Violeta Archer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2012
      Goodmorning,

      Just another reminder of today's organizational meeting. Previous announcements showed the campus' main address on 3800 Montrose Blvd. However, please use the following address for easier parking:

      Date:            May 20 - today - 2012

      Time:           3:00 - 5:00 PM

      Location:     University of St. Thomas
                          3909 Graustark Street
                          Houston, TX 77006

      Building:      Robertson Hall - Room 116

      Parking:      2 options
                         - curb side on Graustark Street
                         - garage on Graustark Street ($2 fee)

      On the agenda will be:

      • new structure & direction
      • memberships
      • sponsor acknowledgments

      The campus is centrally located and steps away from the De Menil Museum. . .perfect for an outing about town.

      We look forward to seeing you!

      Thank you,

      Violeta Archer
      HREG Secretary

    • Garth & Kim Travis
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2012

        May I make a suggestion? I would love to see the meetings be a MCS
        friendly atmosphere. People with MCS are the invisable minority, that
        is growing. In many states, all government offices have rules about
        fragrances so that they can serve the public. I would love to see HREG
        voluntarily decide on the same program.

        And yes, I do have a personal agenda. Although I have been a member of
        HREG from the beginning, I was the first secretary. But, I had to quit
        attending meetings long ago due to MCS. I have continued my service
        with the group by running the yahoo group for almost 14 years now. And
        yes, that is longer than yahoo existed, we started as HREG@egroups.com.

        MCS means multiple chemical sensitivity. It means you react to
        chemicals at a level that is 'generally' considered safe. While I
        realize that HREG can't control pesticide and herbicide use where the
        meetings are held, the toxins in cologne, perfume and laundry products
        can be controlled.

        Bright Blessings,
        Garth & Kim Travis
        www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
        Bedias, Texas

        On 5/20/2012 8:45 AM, Violeta Archer wrote:
        > Goodmorning,
        > Just another reminder of today's organizational meeting. Previous
        > announcements showed the campus' main address on 3800 Montrose Blvd.
        > However, please use the following address for easier parking:
        >
        > *Date: May 20 - today - 2012*
        >
        > *Time: 3:00 - 5:00 PM*
        > **
        > *Location: University of St. Thomas*
        > *3909 Graustark Street*
        > *Houston, TX 77006*
        > **
        > *Building: Robertson Hall - Room 116*
        > **
        > *Parking: 2 options*
        > *- curb side on Graustark Street*
        > *- garage on Graustark Street ($2 fee)*
        > On the agenda will be:
        >
        > * new structure & direction
        > * memberships
        > * sponsor acknowledgments
        >
        > The campus is centrally located and steps away from the De Menil Museum.
        > . .perfect for an outing about town.
        > We look forward to seeing you!
        > Thank you,
        > Violeta Archer
        > HREG Secretary
        >

        > No virus found in this message.

      • Eileen Nehiley
        Message 3 of 3 , May 20, 2012
          Agreed.
          Another group to which I belong makes the same request.
          Many are sensitive even if not to the extent of someone with MCS.
          We must use scent free laundry detergent at my house for one of my daughters.

          Eileen