Save the date: May 20

  • Violeta Archer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2012
      Folks,

      As you know, we have been meeting on a quarterly basis at the University of Houston where we had a strong turnout for the SWITCH film last Sunday. I casually conducted an 'exit poll' as folks walked out, and it was a hit! The film served to energize everyone in the audience.

      In order to keep up with the momentum and exciting initiatives in store for the remainder of the year, we are instituting monthly meetings going forward in the following format:

      • University of Houston - for presentations that require a large seating capacity

      • University of St. Thomas - for committee working sessions

      • Various Venues - for casual gatherings and networking opportunities (our last one was held at The Pearl Bar)

      As you can see, we have added the University of St. Thomas as a venue. A big thanks goes to the ECOS student group and the Environmental Studies Department for their support. We are very excited about this partnership and chose it because of its central, convenient location. There is free curb-side parking and a parking garage steps away from our assigned meeting room. (A $2 charge applies for the garage parking.)

      For your information, please note the following coordinates for our next meeting on May 20th:

      Physical address:    University of St. Thomas
      3800 Montrose Blvd - Houston, TX - 77006
      Meeting room:         Robertson 116
      Meeting time:          3:00 PM - 5:00 PM

      Also, here's a link of the campus map for a visual reference. We'll have greeters outside to direct you to Robertson Hall. http://www.stthom.edu/public/index.asp?page_ID=3845

      In addition to forthcoming announcements on the website and the newsletter, I will send out a reminder as we approach the date. So, keep watch!

      Thank you again for your continued interest and support in renewable energy. It's time to usher in a cleaner paradigm and chaperone Houston with this BIG transition!  ;)

      Best regards,

      Violeta Archer
      HREG Secretary