De-Ugly-ing Renewable Energy

  • Philip Timmons
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2012
      Started into reading this the other day . . .

      The Power of Ugliness in our Industry

      http://smartenergyportal.net/article/power-ugliness-our-industry

      And that has a link to a six page White Paper, by Pete Baston, http://ideapete.com/ (very worthy read) on the ugly of the electric generation, transmission and distribution industry in general and how to work to change both our and the public mind by de-ugly-ing -- for lack of a better word.

      That got me to thinking -- I am getting some blow-back on windmill types and siting, and I suppose we all have problems with various cities, HOAs, etc., limits on Solar on Rooftops.

      Got me to thinking -- what if the problem is . . . us?

      I know various laws have been fought through to force this and that, but per that White Paper -- even when we "win" our cost is often more than the gain.

      So I thought I would start this thread for discussing how to de-ugly us and see what anyone else might have to say, think or add.

      Thanks.