Buck Boost Transformers for End of Line applications

  • Philip Timmons
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2012
      We have a rural remote grid that is running "hot."

      About 255 to 260 volts or higher -- line to line.

      I think the Co-op is running it high for the Light Spring Fall period, and then when Summer hits, they do not have adjust it up for Summer when the Air Conditioning load hits.

      When the inverters all kick on from the PV we have put it, the local grid voltage (at the revenue meter) rises -- so the inverters see it as an "Over-voltage" and kick-off. They cycle on and off all day doing this.

      Anyone run across a case like this? Anyone try Buck-Boost Transformers for some thing like this? Was wondering about sizing. Thanks.