A Degree in Renewable Energy

  • Violeta Archer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2012
      Green Mountain College, located in Vermont, officially launches the Renewable Energy and Ecological Design (REED) major.

      I suspect other schools, which currently have environmental studies programs, will follow this lead.

      A nice development. . .

      Best,
      Violeta Archer

    • rebajean05@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2012
        The University of Denver offers an MAS in Environmental Policy And Management with a specialty in Energy and Sustainability. There is also a certificate offered. The courses are offered in residence, online, or you may use a combination toward the degree. I have taken Sustainability and Renewable Energy courses toward my program. The link is below:

        http://universitycollege.du.edu/epm/degree/masters/energy-and-sustainability-online/degreeid/369

         requires completion of 48 credit hours (12 courses)
        Professional Foundation Courses - 12 qtr. hrs
            EPM 4001 - Environmental Foundations and Principles
            EPM 4003 - Environmental Finance and Economics
            EPM 4200 - Environmental Protection Law
        Specialty Courses - 16 qtr. hrs (Choose 4)
            EPM 4002 - Integrated Environmental Systems
            EPM 4230 - Energy Fundamentals
            EPM 4232 - Sustainability: Policy & Practice
            EPM 4233 - Sustainable Transportation
        Further Study - 12 qtr. hrs (Choose 3)
            EPM 4234 - Climate Change and Science
            EPM 4235 - Green Building
            EPM 4236 - Nuclear & Hydrogen Energy
            EPM 4237 - Renewable Energy
            EPM 4238 - Water and Food Sustainability
            EPM 4980 - EPM Internship
        Core Coures - 8 qtr. hrs
            MALS 4020 - Graduate Research and Writing
            EPM 4901 - EPM Capstone Project
             OR
            EPM 4902 - Capstone Seminar