Re: Infinia Stirling Solar Generator

  • Travis Cagle
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2012

      I have been interested in using a Stirling engine in conjunction with a tracking solar reflector (my background is with satellite dishes on polar mounts, 3 meter and up).  The problem I have run into is finding the right sized engine.  Small ones on the market are suitable for toys, and the 5hp from SES had a military budget price.  I’d like to see an affordable 1-1.5hp Stirling engine – I can build the dish and tracking.

      Travis Cagle

      Inside Sales

      Alternative Power Solutions

      15150 Sommermeyer Street, Suite 100

      Houston, TX 77041

      Office: 713-595-6375 x 234

      Fax: 713-595-6382

      Cell: 713-594-8663

      travis.cagle@...

      APS_NEW

      apowersolutions.com | mytexassolar.com | mylouisianasolar.com

      IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission (including all attached pages) is intended only for the use of the named address(es), and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not a named addressee, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distributing or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy all copies and notify us immediately at this telephone number: (713) 595-6375. Thank you!

    • William S
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2012
        TxRxLabs, the Houston Hackerspace, has in their spring class schedule, a 3 hour course on Sterling engines. <http://www.txrxlabs.org/classes/> Scroll down to "Stirling Engines: Structure, Theory, Design"