Infinia Stirling Solar Generator

  • Ariel Thomann
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2012
      Does any of you know anything about the Infinia Stirling Solar Generator?  (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzhzeA4VRSc).  Back in the early-to-mid-1970's, when I was designing a dream solar home that was never built, my solar consultant (Dr. Calvin Wolff at NASA-JSC) told me that some day Stirling engines would reach the level of affordability I needed.  Now my son is interested.
      Peace
      Ariel

    • Ed Sarlls
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2012

        They have good graphics.  http://www.infiniacorp.com/vision-values.html

        Ed

        Does any of you know anything about the Infinia Stirling Solar Generator?  (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzhzeA4VRSc).  Back in the early-to-mid-1970's, when I was designing a dream solar home that was never built, my solar consultant (Dr. Calvin Wolff at NASA-JSC) told me that some day Stirling engines would reach the level of affordability I needed.  Now my son is interested.
        Peace
        Ariel

      • Travis Cagle
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2012

          I have been interested in using a Stirling engine in conjunction with a tracking solar reflector (my background is with satellite dishes on polar mounts, 3 meter and up).  The problem I have run into is finding the right sized engine.  Small ones on the market are suitable for toys, and the 5hp from SES had a military budget price.  I’d like to see an affordable 1-1.5hp Stirling engine – I can build the dish and tracking.

          Travis Cagle

          Inside Sales

          Alternative Power Solutions

          15150 Sommermeyer Street, Suite 100

          Houston, TX 77041

          Office: 713-595-6375 x 234

          Fax: 713-595-6382

          Cell: 713-594-8663

          travis.cagle@...

          APS_NEW

          apowersolutions.com | mytexassolar.com | mylouisianasolar.com

          IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission (including all attached pages) is intended only for the use of the named address(es), and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not a named addressee, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distributing or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy all copies and notify us immediately at this telephone number: (713) 595-6375. Thank you!

        • William S
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2012
            TxRxLabs, the Houston Hackerspace, has in their spring class schedule, a 3 hour course on Sterling engines. <http://www.txrxlabs.org/classes/> Scroll down to "Stirling Engines: Structure, Theory, Design"