Re: [hreg] ARPA-E Announces New Round of Funding

  • Kyle Downs
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2012
      Would this apply to LED lighting?

      Kyle Downs
      Houston, Texas
      713.822.6933,direct

      Violeta Archer <violetatx9@...> wrote:

      >ARPA-E announces a new round of funding for new energy projects. The amount of $150 million applies to all forms of transformational energy technologies and follows last week's $30 million amount for new energy focused on vehicular projects.

      >Follow this link for details.

      >http://www.arpa-e.energy.gov/media/news/tabid/83/vw/1/itemid/49/Default.aspx

    • Violeta Archer
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2012
        Kyle,

        Yes, lighting is included as it is one of the greater energy consumers around.

        Here's an example of a team in California developing new formulas of crystal substrates to improve lighting efficiencies in LEDs. The company is called SORAA, Inc. (www.soraa.com)

        Other areas where ARPA-E-funded lighting projects can be seen is in systems integration with renewable technologies and in nanotech research.

        Best,
        Violeta Archer

        1a. ARPA-E Announces New Round of Funding
            From: Violeta Archer
        1b. Re: ARPA-E Announces New Round of Funding
            From: Kyle Downs

        2. ARPA-E Interactive Project Map
            From: Violeta Archer

        Messages
        1a. ARPA-E Announces New Round of Funding
            Posted by: "Violeta Archer" violetatx9@... violetatx9
            Date: Sat Mar 3, 2012 5:29 pm ((PST))

        ARPA-E announces a new round of funding for new energy projects. The amount of $150 million applies to all forms of transformational energy technologies and follows last week's $30 million amount for new energy focused on vehicular projects.

        Follow this link for details.

        http://www.arpa-e.energy.gov/media/news/tabid/83/vw/1/itemid/49/Default.aspx

        Messages in this topic (2)
        1b. Re: ARPA-E Announces New Round of Funding
            Posted by: "Kyle Downs" kyle@... kylatious
            Date: Sat Mar 3, 2012 5:38 pm ((PST))

            Date: Sat Mar 3, 2012 5:37 pm ((PST))

        Folks,

        On ARPA-E's site, there is an interactive project map which shows all DOE funded projects in the U.S.

        http://arpa-e.energy.gov/ProgramsProjects/InteractiveProjectMap.aspx

        This is a great resource.

        Best,
        Violeta Archer

        Messages in this topic (1)

        <*> Your email settings:
            Digest Email  | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            hreg-normal@yahoogroups.com
            hreg-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Kyle Downs
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2012
          Hi Viola,

          The reason I ask is we are currently in the LED Lighting space. We have clients like The Toyota Center, Glazier Foods and UPS Winward Data Center just to name a few. I was wondering if it would be possible with to partner with some of your members that do solar. LED Lighting is becoming a HUGE business. Please let me know. Thanks so much. For reference here is our LED Lighting site www.wesled.com.

          Thx!

          Kyle Downs
          President, CEO
          FREEDOM ENERGY USA
          713.822.6933, direct
          925.498.5119, fax
          kyle@...
          http://freedomenergyusa.com
             Energy   LED Lighting   Green Technology

              From: Violeta Archer
          1b. Re: ARPA-E Announces New Round of Funding
              From: Kyle Downs

          2. ARPA-E Interactive Project Map
              From: Violeta Archer

          Messages