ARPA-E Announces New Round of Funding

  • Violeta Archer
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2012
      ARPA-E announces a new round of funding for new energy projects. The amount of $150 million applies to all forms of transformational energy technologies and follows last week's $30 million amount for new energy focused on vehicular projects.

      Follow this link for details.

    • Kyle Downs
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2012
        Would this apply to LED lighting?

        Kyle Downs
        Houston, Texas
        713.822.6933,direct

        Violeta Archer <violetatx9@...> wrote:

        >ARPA-E announces a new round of funding for new energy projects. The amount of $150 million applies to all forms of transformational energy technologies and follows last week's $30 million amount for new energy focused on vehicular projects.

        >Follow this link for details.

        >http://www.arpa-e.energy.gov/media/news/tabid/83/vw/1/itemid/49/Default.aspx

      • Violeta Archer
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2012
          Kyle,

          Yes, lighting is included as it is one of the greater energy consumers around.

          Here's an example of a team in California developing new formulas of crystal substrates to improve lighting efficiencies in LEDs. The company is called SORAA, Inc. (www.soraa.com)

          Other areas where ARPA-E-funded lighting projects can be seen is in systems integration with renewable technologies and in nanotech research.

          Best,
          Violeta Archer

          1a. ARPA-E Announces New Round of Funding
              From: Violeta Archer
          1b. Re: ARPA-E Announces New Round of Funding
              From: Kyle Downs

          2. ARPA-E Interactive Project Map
              From: Violeta Archer

          Messages
          1a. ARPA-E Announces New Round of Funding
              Posted by: "Violeta Archer" violetatx9@... violetatx9
              Date: Sat Mar 3, 2012 5:29 pm ((PST))

          ARPA-E announces a new round of funding for new energy projects. The amount of $150 million applies to all forms of transformational energy technologies and follows last week's $30 million amount for new energy focused on vehicular projects.

          Follow this link for details.

          http://www.arpa-e.energy.gov/media/news/tabid/83/vw/1/itemid/49/Default.aspx

          Messages in this topic (2)
          1b. Re: ARPA-E Announces New Round of Funding
              Posted by: "Kyle Downs" kyle@... kylatious
              Date: Sat Mar 3, 2012 5:38 pm ((PST))

              Date: Sat Mar 3, 2012 5:37 pm ((PST))

          Folks,

          On ARPA-E's site, there is an interactive project map which shows all DOE funded projects in the U.S.

          http://arpa-e.energy.gov/ProgramsProjects/InteractiveProjectMap.aspx

          This is a great resource.

          Best,
          Violeta Archer

          Messages in this topic (1)

          <*> Your email settings:
              Digest Email  | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              hreg-normal@yahoogroups.com
              hreg-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Kyle Downs
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2012
            Hi Viola,

            The reason I ask is we are currently in the LED Lighting space. We have clients like The Toyota Center, Glazier Foods and UPS Winward Data Center just to name a few. I was wondering if it would be possible with to partner with some of your members that do solar. LED Lighting is becoming a HUGE business. Please let me know. Thanks so much. For reference here is our LED Lighting site www.wesled.com.

            Thx!

            Kyle Downs
            President, CEO
            FREEDOM ENERGY USA
            713.822.6933, direct
            925.498.5119, fax
            kyle@...
            http://freedomenergyusa.com
               Energy   LED Lighting   Green Technology

                From: Violeta Archer
            1b. Re: ARPA-E Announces New Round of Funding
                From: Kyle Downs

            2. ARPA-E Interactive Project Map
                From: Violeta Archer

            Messages