2012 Houston Solar Tour

  • Lynden Foley
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2012
      Hello all,

      My name is Lynden Foley and I am the Site Selection Chairman for the 2012 Houston Solar Tour. The Houston Solar Tour is part of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES) national tour but is in reality mostly a project of HREG member volunteers. So as an HREG member it is your tour and as such I am soliciting your help in identifying sites for the 2012 tour. To look at last years sites click here for the 2011 Tour Guide (in PDF at  the bottom of the page).

      For 2012 we would like to keep the locations centralized which means that most will be inside the loop but don't let that keep you from informing me of any worthy projects that you are aware of. They may be candidates for 2013, who knows. We also favor projects that integrate more than one renewable design or have other unique flavor. Anyway, I ask all HREG members to search your brains and memories for any projects that you would like to nominate for the 2012 tour and email them to me, Lynden Foley at lynden.foley@.... This will keep from flooding everyone's email if by chance we get a flood of responses.

      Thanks for your support,
      Lynden Foley
      Site Selection Chair
      2012 Houston Solar Tour
      HREG
      lynden.foley@...
    • ralph Parrott
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2012

        Great weekend weather ahead! Why not enjoy the 9th Annual ASES National Houston Solar Tour, Sat. Oct. 20, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. It’s free and you can take a bus from City Hall, or visit one or more of 10 sites on the tour yourself! Download the tour guide http://bit.ly/Rtf1Up.

        Ralph Parrott

        President

        HREG

      • Lucy Stolzenburg
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 17, 2012
          Ralph, Kathleen and all the folks at HREG,
          The best of luck for the Houston Solar Tour! You have scored in the weather department as both the Hill Country Solar Tour and DFW Solar Tour had temperatures in the 60s (OMG! I have learned Texans will go out in 104 degree weather, but not so much below 70).I suspect San Antonio was also cool.
          Just posted your tour on F'bk (again)!
          Lucy
          Lucy Stolzenburg
          TXSES Interim Executive Director