Re: [hreg] Grass fed beef

  • Eileen Nehiley
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29, 2012
      Perhaps. Write to me off the list serve.
      Also, were you the one who had additional information about the health impact of Smart meters?
      These have been systematically installed around Houston. A friend is having negative health impact & asked me for information.
      Again - off- the list serve.

      Thanks.

      On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@...> wrote:

      Greetings,

      I have control over 40 acres of decent pasture. It has not had any
      chemicals for over 17 years. I am having trouble finding people to cut
      it for hay, or to use it for cattle. They don't show up to
      appointments, etc. The local hay guy wants to buy it, so he only cuts
      part of it, trying to make us loose the ag status. Any way, that is the
      problem.

      I am thinking that I am forever talking to people that would love to eat
      100% grass fed beef, but it is too expensive. Even for those who would
      like to have a whole or half a beef, each year.

      The land needs some fence, about 1700' worth. But, we can get a
      contract that the fencing pays the rent for at least five years,
      probably more.

      I am thinking we could form a coop, each share is entitled to run a cow
      on the land. The cost of the share would be the labor and cost of that
      share of the fence. Plus the cost of water, any kind of fertilizer we
      decide jointly on and hay in case of another drought. Total number of
      shares to be decided, later. As well as the difference between
      miniature and full size cows.

      At this point, I am just throwing an idea out. Does this sound
      interesting to anyone? Nothing is written in stone yet, just thinking
      in public at this point.

      The land is next door to my farm, so yes, there is supervision of the
      cattle.

      Garth & Kim Travis
      www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
      Bedias, Texas

      --
      "In every culture and in every medical tradition before ours, healing was accomplished by moving energy." Albert Szent-Gyorgyi, Nobel Laureate in Medicine