Re: [hreg] Interest in Renewables on the north side

  • LaVerne Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2001
      Marie: I might be interested provided it is promoted via the mass media to
      generate a good turnout. I have also found that it is not cost effective
      for me to participate unless it is oriented toward the new home market with
      emphasis upon energy efficiency/passive solar and healthy home concerns.
      Just to demonstrate solar cookers and other solar equipment like PV, solar
      water heaters, etc., doesn't generate enough traffic for my environmental
      architecture practice re: passive solar design, highly energy efficient and
      healthy home design/consulting.

      You got my attention because I have several passive solar and highly
      efficient homes on that side of town, including a straw bale home and I am
      working on several more, including one where we will be harvesting rainwater
      for all their water needs. We may also be entirely off the energy grid.

      LaVerne A. Williams, AIA
      laverne@...
      Environment Associates, Architects & Consultants
      5828 Langfield Road
      Houston, TX 77092-1429
      713.528.0000

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 24, 2001
        Hello Marie!

        HREG has attempted to have an event like this in the form of a meeting but
        only a few members showed up.  It is good to hear others having the same idea
        and we can only hope that at some point the events are well attended.  This
        sounds like something that we should all be a part of and you can count on
        HREG involvement to support any renewable energy efforts.  Lets talk further.

        Oral LaFleur
        (713) 313-7012