[hreg] meeting

  • eGroups.com Calendar
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2000
      The next meeting of the Houston Renewable Energy Group will be Sunday February 6th at 2pm at Texas Southern University's School of Technology building. The agenda for the meeting follows. I hope everyone can make it.

      Report on the Citizens Environment Coalition by Charlie
      Discussion of our "official" name
      Presentation of draft HREG web page by Jonathan
      Vote on meeting monthly or bimonthly
      Planning and preparation for Earth Day
      Discussion of "HREG Partners in Houston" - The HREG team should come prepared to provide names of individuals and/or organizations whom we might consider as partners

      Directions:

      > Traveling on I-45 North or South, exit Scott Street. You make a right on
      > Scott Street traveling north or south on I-45.
      >
      > Scott Street exit is about 1-mile pass down town heading South on I-45.
      >
      > On Scott Street, drive about 1 mile and make a right on Cleburne at the
      > Burger King.
      >
      > About 1 mile, make a left at the second light on Ennis.
      >
      > The School of Technology is the three-story beige building you see on the
      > left.
      >
      > Park in the parking lot near the first door you drive by, when you reach
      > the building.
      >
      > Enter the same door. The meeting will be held in room 225 on the second
      > floor.
      >
      > If the door is not open, there will be signs or individuals pointing you
      > in the right direction.
      >
      > If you come to another traffic light after you make a left at the light on
      > Ennis, stop! You are about to pass the School of Technology building.

      Event: meeting
      Date: Sunday February 06, 2000
      Time: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm

      To add this event to your personal calendar, simply click on the following link:
      http://www.egroups.com/cal?md=copy&prevMd=m&day=10993&eid=538231

      If you have any other comments, you can reply to this message.

      eGroups.com Calendar
    • ChasMauch@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2000
        Hello Everyone,
        I called KRBE several times and left messages and they finally called me back
        yesterday. They said they had received our Earth Day entrance papers and
        everything looks OK. They will not be sending out a packet of information but
        will have a meeting at their offices to brief all the participating groups
        and will pass it out at that time. He said he will let me know in a day or
        two when the meeting will be (hopefully before our meeting on the 26th, since
        the event is on April 1st).
        Also have had problems contacting Alison Dodson at CEC and finally found out
        why - she no longer works there. I was called by Jeffrey Crews, a new board
        member who is temporarily acting in her place. He searched around and found
        our file which he said appears to be complete. The board has not formally
        accepted our membership application (because it has not been submitted) but
        he sees no problem with it. There is a $50 membership fee which should be
        made out to Citizen's Environmental Coalition and sent to CEC, 3015 Richmond,
        Suite 270, Houston, TX 77098. We need to get the payment in before their next
        board meeting on April 4th.
        I tried to talk him out of some free copies of their Environmental Resource
        Guide but he resisted. They will send us a sample copy in the next few days
        but have to charge for them if we want more. They are $6 each up to 25, $5
        from 26 to 50, and $4 for more than 50. We can pass the sample copy around at
        the next meeting and see if anyone wants any and if so we can order them.
        They are pretty nice and we need to be listed in the next one. Unfortunately
        it's too late to get in this year since the year 2000 edition has already
        been published.
        See ya'll on the 26th.
        Charlie Mauch
        PS Alison's position is open in case anyone might be interested in applying
        for it. Should be pretty interesting work. Jeff tells me it pays around $27K
        but I'm not sure what the qualifications are.
      • Kim & Garth Travis
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 9, 2001
          Hi,
          I am sorry, due to complications of Alison, we will be unable to attend
          tomorrow's meeting. I was looking forward to showing off my funnel
          cooker, but my car is unable to move, at present. I hope you have a
          good meeting.

          Kim Travis
        • James Ferrill
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 9, 2001
            Key Kim,

            I would have liked to see that funnel cooker. I've heard they are safer
            than regular parabolic models.

            I'm stuck here at home too. Cypress creek is out of it's banks and has
            blocked all access in and out of our area. I'll probably miss the meeting
            tomorrow and don't know about work Monday. Pretty amazing amount of water.

            James

          • jclem412@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 10, 2001
              Hi Houston! Sorry to hear about the flooding there. Shoulda had solar on
              the Medical Center! Hope everybody is fine. Y'all are in our
              thoughts....love, Diane & Jonathan
            • evelyn sardina
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 29, 2007
                I missed the last meeting.  I am interested in the part of what we can do to help.  Will there be information at the website where I could get the minutes?
                On a personal note, last year I added two storm doors, cfls, insulatiing paint, replaced air ducts and installed a new thermostat.  If the meeting was reffering to conservation, then I think I  am on my way.  If there is something else, then I would need this information.
                Thank you for your help.
                Evelyn

              • Michael Ewert
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 31, 2007

                  We’re going to send something out that has websites related to what we talked about. The topic for the meeting was active solar thermal.  The “call for action” was to get involved in the political process as well as using energy efficiency and renewable energy in your own life.  Keep up the good work!